SEMA 2011: Ron Fellows "Hall of Fame" Tribute Corvette Z06
by John Coyle
OK, there are sure to be a ton of Camaros at SEMA this year. But that doesn't mean the General is completely ignoring America's Sports Car. And while I'm not much for red cars—release the hounds, I know—I think the Ron Fellows "Hall of Fame" Tribute Corvette Z06 looks pretty sweet. The specs are posted below the photos, and here's the official description from GM:
"Ron Fellows has a long, distinguished racing career, including driving on the championship Corvette Racing C5.R and C6.R teams. That resume helped earn him an induction to the National Corvette Museum’s Hall of Fame in 2011. This Torch Red show car honors Fellows’ service behind the wheel, using accessories offered from Chevrolet matched with custom graphics. It’s a fitting salute to one of the fastest men ever to drive a Corvette."
Personally, I would think that a race driver would warrant a tribute like the weapons-grade Z06X Concept that was in the booth last year. But what do I know? Click on the pictures for giant versions.
Stay tuned for my SEMA coverage, which will be posted in this thread starting Tuesday! SEMA here we come!
- Z06 Performance Package (Z07)
- Magnetic Selective Ride Control
- CFZ carbon fiber package with splitter and rocker moldings
- Carbon fiber raised hood
- Black headlamp housings and mirrors
- Red brake calipers
- Ebony interior with red stitching
- Suede-trimmed steering wheel, shift knob, parking brake handle and armrests with red stitching
- Centennial-model seats
- Genuine Corvette Accessory Racing Pedal Package
- Racing-style graphics that honor racing wins, National Corvette Museum Hall of Fame, Spring Mountain Driving School and Mosport