Underneath, the car featured a cooling fan powered by, of all things, a snowmobile engine that would actually pull the car to the ground with about 1,000 pounds of downforce, which is how it got the name “Sucker Vette.”
As bad as it looks, this could have ended up a lot worse. The 1990 Corvette, owned by Chad Wendel, was left charging when it caught on fire, nearly burning his house down.
Thirty-six Corvettes have been left sitting in garages collecting dust, which has been pissing off Corvette fans since 1989. Now it looks like we can all rest a little better knowing that these ‘Vettes are in a better position to find a good home.
There’s likely to be debate over this one for years, and by “for years” I mean as many years as it will take for hell to freeze over.
I still can’t understand why someone would try to pull off a caper in a car as popular and highly recognizable as a Corvette.