SEMA 2011: Corvette Carlisle Blue Grand Sport Concept
by John Coyle
There’s been lots of conversation about Carlisle Blue on the Forum, and most of it has been negative. Some members thought it was a little too “blah” for a sports car, and others liked the color itself, but thought it was less blue than a more silver. Atomic Punk actually hated the color so much, he ordered it.
Personally, I don’t have much of an opinion, but in my years of covering cars, I’ve learned some complex colors?like Lamborghini’s gorgeous “Mint Pearl”?don’t photograph well. So I’m reserving my judgment until I see it in person, which I’ll get to do next week at SEMA.
From the specs, I don’t know if “concept” is really all that appropriate. There’s nothing all that wild going on. More photos and the specs are posted below.
Stay tuned for my SEMA coverage, which will be posted here starting Tuesday! If there’s anything you want to see, post a comment!
- LS3 6.2L with dry sump oil system ? hand-built at GM’s Performance Build Center
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Magnetic Selective Ride Control
- Gray six-piston brake calipers (2012 option)
- Goodyear? F1 Supercar Gen 2 tires
- Dual-mode exhaust system
- New Carlisle Blue Metallic exterior
- Cyber Gray headlamps (2012 option)
- Genuine Corvette Accessory Torque 2 silver-painted wheels in 18×10-inch (front) and 19×12-inch (rear)
- Genuine Corvette Accessory Carbon Fiber Ground Effects ? front splitter and rockers
- Genuine Corvette Accessory full-width rear spoiler
- Genuine Corvette Accessory GRAND SPORT hood blanket
- Genuine Corvette Accessory Pearl White full-length stripe kit
- 4LT trim level with Ebony/Titanium leather color interior and blue stitching
- New-for-2012 Bose? Premium Audio with nine speakers, USB port and audio jack with iPod? integration
- Genuine Corvette Accessory GRAND SPORT Ebony floor mats
- Genuine Corvette Accessory GRAND SPORT console lid
- Genuine Corvette Accessory Racing Pedal Package