What's New This Week: Press Release Roundup
by John Coyle
First, let me say that I'm not in favor of people getting killed because of "unintended acceleration." Nobody likes getting killed. But even though the big brains over at NASA weren't able to find any fault with Toyota in those cases, the NHTSA wants automakers to install Accelerator Control Systems, which would cut the throttle when the brake is applied. Now, lots of people have written about this, but absolutely none of them have done it as hysterically as my buddy Zack over at the Smoking Tire. Check it out after you catch up on some of the other stuff that happened this week.
* Need a new fuel pump? Do you like free stuff? Then you should head over to the Holley Performance Facebook page! They're giving away a free fuel pump everyday for 60 days! That's 60 chances to win! Holley on Facebook
* One Lap of America is an awesome event. And all the competitors will have to bring their A game this yearóRoush is fielding its 2013 Stage 3 Mustang. Roush
* Just a few years ago, everybody was wondering if the General was going to join the ranks of Packard, Studebaker and AMC, but 2012 first quarter global sales saw record profits for the iconic American automaker. That's great news and all, but I just want to see the C7 sans camo. GM
* You know those cool state-themed graphics U-Haul paints on the side of its trucks? U-Haul is launching a contest to color in the new Missouri "supergraphic." The image is pretty cool, and the copy starts with: "Language of bats revealed!" How cool is that? U-Haul
* A man in Virginia is being asked by the DMV to return a vanity plate he's had for seven years, because it might be deemed offensive. The allegedly offensive message? FOSAMA. Seems kosher to me. MSNBC
* At 20, Trevor Bayne was the youngest person to ever win the Daytona 500, so there's no champagne on his number 21 Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Fusionóbut there's plenty of confetti and Gatorade. This week it's taking an honored place at the Henry Ford museum. Roush Yates
New Corvette Articles
Corvette Photo Galleries
Recent Corvette Classifieds
© 2013 InternetBrands Inc. All rights reserved.