Now, that we’ve got a pretty good idea of where the new Z06 will come in on that sticker price, we probably have a better idea of how it measures up in the segment.
Not that it really matters considering the loyalty here always leans toward our beloved ‘Vette as it should. Still, a quick rundown comparing the Z06’s power and pricing against other formidable rivals is pretty interesting as compiled in an Autoblog report – with a few additional numbers.
2015 Corvette Z06 Coupe
- Starting Price: $78,995
- Power: 650 HP – 650 lb-ft.
Porsche Cayman GTS
- Starting Price: $75,200
- Power: 340 HP – 280 lb-ft.
Yup, I kind of question this comparison as well with those numbers, but hey, it’s Autoblog’s report.
Audi R8 V10 Plus (Read Corvette Forum’s R8 Review Here)
- Starting Price: $173,500 (not including $1,250 destination charge)
- Power: 550 HP 398 lb-ft.
Dodge Viper SRT
- Starting Price: $99,885 (not including $1,995 in shipping)
- Power: 640 HP – 600 lb-ft.
- Starting Price: $101,770 (not including $1,595 in shipping)
- Power: 545 HP – 481 lb-ft.
- Price: $300,000
- Power: 651 HP – 504 lb-ft.
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
- Price: $59,995 (not including $995 destination charge)
- Power: 707 HP – 650 lb-ft.
Sure, the Hellcat is like comparing apples and oranges, but really, so is just about everything else when you consider how much you get with the Z06 compared with any high-performance sports car.