C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Used ProCharger for sale @ 1/2 price

Old 09-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Used ProCharger for sale @ 1/2 price

D1SC Head Unit
6 rib Pulley
ATI Intercooler with all tubing and T bolt clamps
K&N Air Filter, blower intake tubing and hat attachment
ATI install Manual
Passenger side lower radiator hose
AC relocation hose

You will need to buy bracket and spacers from ATI to complete the install on 1992-1993LT1 vette. For 1994-1996 will need additional parts from ATI- just the minor stuffs. ATI manual describe in details.
I don't have the original bracket anymore because while back I try to modify the ATI bracket to accept the 8 rib belt conversion but it got ruined.

The head unit and the intercooler have scratches on them here and there. It is about 2 1/2 yrs old and have only about 8000 mile on it. Oil changed every 6000 mile. So far I only have changed the blower oil once since I bought it. It working good in condition, and absolutely nothing wrong with it. I can provide a copy of cashier check original receipt paid $4400 new.

You can have it for $2300 + $50 for shipping. I am selling because I am saving $ for a custom twin turbo LT1 project.

If your are interested email me Bruce383@Rochester.rr.com

Bruce
Old 09-09-2004, 12:27 AM
RadPolo96
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested, sent you an email.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:58 AM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Bruce! What happened! I was so looking forward to seeing how your car performed? What made you change your mind about a turbo?
Old 09-10-2004, 12:55 PM
krivera
Drifting

Old 09-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Matt/Krivera
My SC combo is making prety darn good hp, even it is untune and it pull so hard from 2500-4000rpm. Ultimately I will be doing twin turbo like John Meanny TT. Looking at the LT1 engine bay the only way to twin turbo the LT1 cars is to get rid of the AC conditioning compressor and condenser, will required to resize the radiator smaller but thicker(custom) and custom big front mount IC, all this will required to cut out the radiator shroud.
Since I post it for sale, RadPolo96 shown interested in buying it, but nothing is being confirm. I am still thinking I might not let the sale go thru. I will probably end up keep it for while because I really want to see what is this D1SC with 383 combo can produce hp wide, it is a solid combo, the only thing is holding me back is tuning. Which will be done eventually.

Bruce
Old 09-13-2004, 11:26 AM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce
Matt/Krivera
My SC combo is making prety darn good hp, even it is untune and it pull so hard from 2500-4000rpm. Ultimately I will be doing twin turbo like John Meanny TT. Looking at the LT1 engine bay the only way to twin turbo the LT1 cars is to get rid of the AC conditioning compressor and condenser, will required to resize the radiator smaller but thicker(custom) and custom big front mount IC, all this will required to cut out the radiator shroud.
Since I post it for sale, RadPolo96 shown interested in buying it, but nothing is being confirm. I am still thinking I might not let the sale go thru. I will probably end up keep it for while because I really want to see what is this D1SC with 383 combo can produce hp wide, it is a solid combo, the only thing is holding me back is tuning. Which will be done eventually.

Bruce
And I know tuning our SD cars is a PITA. However, since you're going to need some kind of aftermarket engine management if you do go with a turbo, you might as well get a DFI or FAST system to tune your blown car. If you still change your mind about S/C at least you'll be able to use it for your turbo car.

Just my $.02
Old 09-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Baldturbofreak
Drifting

Hey bruce,
have you taken the motor apart yet? maybe I can help you out with the tuning. You live pretty close to me. But if you do want to go turbo, just let me know, Maybe I can help you out. You have the perfect platform for one.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Ricky
The twin turbo is still on the planning stage but no definate as to when yet. But you can bet I have you in my book, since you are a experience turbo header fabricator guy and of course own a turbo vette that is a plus and you are not far from me. For you to build a twin turbo header, do you required to remove the motor from the car? or it is possible to build TT header while the motor is still on the car?

Bruce
Old 09-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Brand-X
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Bruce,
What are you doing with your bracket and tensioner setup?
Old 09-17-2004, 12:08 AM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Chris, how are you doing this day? My earlier post wanting to sale the blower and I was not plan to let the cog setup go along with the blower, unless someone is like turning wrenches like us guys. Serpentine belt setup make it easy for someone new to blower, slap on the belt and done with it. Also the cog setup is made for a rebuild motor only, not for the stock 350ci setup.

Bruce
Old 09-17-2004, 09:00 AM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

he he I might know someone with a motor like that

But I'd have to find a whole new intercooler to go with it...
Old 09-17-2004, 04:59 PM
krivera
Drifting

i would take that cog setup off your hands!
Old 09-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Brand-X
Pro

Chris, how are you doing this day? My earlier post wanting to sale the blower and I was not plan to let the cog setup go along with the blower, unless someone is like turning wrenches like us guys. Serpentine belt setup make it easy for someone new to blower, slap on the belt and done with it. Also the cog setup is made for a rebuild motor only, not for the stock 350ci setup.

Bruce
Bruce,
I'm doing well. I've not been home much since Hurricane Charley went through Florida...not to mention Frances and Ivan. I don't know if you remember but I work for FEMA and disaster operations is my specialty. The last time I had my car out it died (big backfire and then no spark). I had it towed home and put in the garage and I haven't touched it since-- 2-3 months ago. It's getting old breaking stuff all the time...so much down time and expense. I really like being able to outrun Hayabusas on the hiway or being able to haze the tires at over 100 mph, but trueth be known, I had more fun with it when it was only making 500 rwhp (it didn't break stuff so often and I could run pump gas)...I need to get back to having fun with my car.
CT
Old 09-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Man, I feel the pain for those who live in the Florida area, 3 consecutive harricanes can put the state, busineses and people into bankcrupt.

I think with 700rwhp, you can light up the tires at 100mph. WHat I found that hp is like drug, and addictive, more more hp and my self I don't know when I am going to stop trying to mods the car.

Bruce
Old 09-18-2004, 11:37 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Bruce, do you have to go with a TT setup? Why not just a single turbo? I know a guy back east somewhere that already has a single in a 94 or 95 LT1 car. He is running it on the STOCK PCM tuned to run in Speed density only and in open loop with a 2 bar map sensor!

He used to post here but several guys flipped him some S**T and P****D him off so he no longer posts here. He does still lurk around from time to tom, that is how he found me to purchase spare flash memory chips for his PCM. The last I heard he was making som big HP numbers during his last tuning sessions on a Mustang dyno.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:38 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Bruce, do you have to go with a TT setup? Why not just a single turbo? I know a guy back east somewhere that already has a single in a 94 or 95 LT1 car. He is running it on the STOCK PCM tuned to run in Speed density only and in open loop with a 2 bar map sensor!

He used to post here but several guys flipped him some S**T and P****D him off so he no longer posts here. He does still lurk around from time to time, that is how he found me to purchase spare flash memory chips for his PCM. The last I heard he was making som big HP numbers during his last tuning sessions on a Mustang dyno.

With a single turbo the plumbing will not be near as complex and you maybe able to keep your AC for them hot summer cruises!
Old 09-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

decison decision. The single turbo also be a awsome power producer but I like the look of the twin and of course will be more $ involve. Some time I am thinking and not sure I really want to lose the AC. Maybe I better wait for a while because my head is still thinking.

Bruce

Get notified of new replies

To Used ProCharger for sale @ 1/2 price

Old 09-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Baldturbofreak
Drifting

Ricky
The twin turbo is still on the planning stage but no definate as to when yet. But you can bet I have you in my book, since you are a experience turbo header fabricator guy and of course own a turbo vette that is a plus and you are not far from me. For you to build a twin turbo header, do you required to remove the motor from the car? or it is possible to build TT header while the motor is still on the car?

Bruce
I couldn't build it any other way. I need to have it and all of it's accessories on it to do the job properly
Old 09-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Brand-X
Pro

Bruce & Baldturbofreak:

You've got to love a TT Corvette!! I've wanted a turbo ever since I took a ride in my buddy's Supra and had a taste of big boost. Don't get me wrong, I love my blower but the turbo just seemed so much more refined. Eventually, I will go TT...just that the $$ is in short supply these days.

When I was looking into a custom TT setup, I was looking to hang them down low and using an oil return setup like the Porches (kind of like Calloway and Lingenfelter). Is there down side to hanging them low?

Bruce, I'm surprised to hear you're having tuning problems. I thought you were going to hook up with Rich Krause for a dyno session...did it not work out?
Old 09-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Brand-X
Bruce & Baldturbofreak:

You've got to love a TT Corvette!! I've wanted a turbo ever since I took a ride in my buddy's Supra and had a taste of big boost. Don't get me wrong, I love my blower but the turbo just seemed so much more refined. Eventually, I will go TT...just that the $$ is in short supply these days.

When I was looking into a custom TT setup, I was looking to hang them down low and using an oil return setup like the Porches (kind of like Calloway and Lingenfelter). Is there down side to hanging them low?

Bruce, I'm surprised to hear you're having tuning problems. I thought you were going to hook up with Rich Krause for a dyno session...did it not work out?
Chris
I spent 4 hrs there and met Rich. Bob Kennedy is the owner of the shop. They both new to tuner cat and could not get my car to run. They burned a chip and made a dyno pull, the motor shot down completely on it own at 3600rpm. The owner told me he don't know why the motor shot down on it own and don't know how to fix it. So we put back my old 350ci head/cam custom chip combo tuned by Shalin few yrs ago. Made a couple pulls, it lean out at 4600rpm and boosting 14.2psi and 544rwhp and 598rwt on a totally untune motor. If it tuned I think my combo capable of making near 700rwhp at 6000+rpm. But oneway or another I will one day will find out.

Bruce

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Used ProCharger for sale @ 1/2 price