C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Motor Removal Instructions?

Old 02-27-2007, 02:02 PM
bomax
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Motor Removal Instructions?

My AC started making a ticking noise that is blower fan speed sensitive. I assume either the bearings are going out or something is stuck in the fan. I don't have a service manual but I'm hoping someone here is kind enough to scan the procedure to pull the blower fan/motor?

On a separate note, if I bought a subscription to AllDataDIY.com would they give me instructions? $25/yr seems pretty good if they really do have all the diagrams and instructions they claim to.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:18 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by bomax
My AC started making a ticking noise that is blower fan speed sensitive. I assume either the bearings are going out or something is stuck in the fan. I don't have a service manual but I'm hoping someone here is kind enough to scan the procedure to pull the blower fan/motor?

On a separate note, if I bought a subscription to AllDataDIY.com would they give me instructions? $25/yr seems pretty good if they really do have all the diagrams and instructions they claim to.
Bearing might be drying out.

PM Member Bill Curlee as I remember him posting a how to a while back.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:05 PM
SilvaDragon
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bomax

The blower motor is 3 screws, a hose, and the electrical connector.
It's hanging on the far right passenger side under the dash.
Two of the screws are easy, the back one is a bit of a pain.
The hose will pop right off, just make sure you remember to
reconnect it.

Personally, I'd spring for the factory service manual.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

the connector is a bit of a pita also

they often squeak, some WD40 soaking and good to go
Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 PM
bomax
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. It ended up being two small leaves. Damn them... I will never know how they got in there, but at least they're out.

Interestingly, I was feeling around and felt the heater core, which seemed in good shape (or at least felt like it ) but did not smell at all. I mention this because I've been having a vent odor issue for awhile, and I figured this would be my big chance to fix it once and for all. Instead, the mystery just got deeper. The blower motor/vent area/heater core all smelled 100% fine. Up near the cowl area (outside the car) I can smell it though. I've felt up in there too (my arms and hands hate me at this point) and couldn't find anything, although the smell is definitely strong. I've removed the plastic cowl piece to no avail. I've done all the sprays there are.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:18 AM
tstar
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Check your AC drain line for a build up of gunk. Also I believe there was a TSB on this... I think. There's a sticky with all the TSBs listed, you can peruse em at your leasure!

Get notified of new replies

To Blower Motor Removal Instructions?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blower Motor Removal Instructions?