Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino --- Adams ?

Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 AM
jtmjw
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino --- Adams ?

Has anybody had any experience using both Zaino and Adams polish? Which is better overall? which is easier to apply? when finished which looks better? lasts longer? etc. Just wandering which I should use been using Zymol and not very happy with it. Any information or experiences with them both would be helpful.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 AM
UTVOL06
Melting Slicks

I would say Zaino would last longer its designed to last 9 months or so.

I believe Zaino offers the most potential for the best shine. They have several products for obtaining that show car shine.

Also, the more coats of Z-2 or Z-5(Zaino) polish you apply it will give you an even deeper glossy shine.

After you get a few coats of Zaino polish on your car if you want the show car shine. Apply Z-2(polish), wipe off after it dries, further clean the surface with Z-6(detail spray/gloss enhancer), Then spray on Z-8 grand finale detail spray shine.

It will shine like no other.

Zaino also makes some great Tire/plastic shine/protectant that want sling off and lasts much longer than Amorall. I use there leather conitioner as well which smells like real leather.

Guess you can tell I'm hooked on ZAINO!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:47 AM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

they both have positives and negatives. you will get the full range of comments about them both.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:13 PM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I hope this thread stays civil and offers a good comparison. I have no first hand experiece with Adam's.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:43 PM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jtmjw
Has anybody had any experience using both Zaino and Adams polish? YES!

Which is better overall? Adams has more useful products for me and when I run out they sell it at more places like Cal Car cover or direct at Adams (both local in Calif. for me )

which is easier to apply? about the same just different techniques- when you see the video rather than reading detailed instructions, the visual always wins and lasts in my brain longer

when finished which looks better? Tie, will depend on what you want to achieve...zaino slightly more shine on black car but collects more lint dust probably because of the cotton fiber towels Adams allows for overspray from one product to not adversly affect anything it comes in contact with. If you get their wax on plastic ...no problamo

lasts longer? I wash my cars once sometimes twice a week and major detail with wax and polish maybe once or twice a year so not an issue which lasts longer.

etc.
ahhhh, the etc., I was afraid you were gonna ask that........well I will come back to that later, I gotta go wash my vet

Just wandering which I should use been using Zymol and not very happy with it. Any information or experiences with them both would be helpful.
First off what is it your not happy with re: zymol

I have used Zaino from 2000-2005 and Adams polish from 2005-present

both are extremely good and you get great results from both

I stopped using Zaino when they changed to ZFX or (something I had to mix).I am not

good at reading directions and I have so many things to remember in my brain

that Adams seemed easier to do....plus I watched their video that told me,........No ,

showed me how to do it.

Plus I like the 21st century stuff. I use to remove/cut the border seams off of my 100% USA made

towels and now I like using microfiber towels. They never wear out and absorb better!!

And the porter cable buffer is a must if you want to knock out 3 black vehicles and still

have some time left over to play.

I only had one bad experience when I was polishing my SSR (see below)............

...I got half way done putting the polish on the back of the car ,and then just had

to wipe off ,with a little detail spray and polishing towel....It wouldn't come off ....

...kept trying and no such luck....then i realized that I had applied the leather conditioner

(Similiar color and texture in same style bottle)
to the whole back of the car ....needless to say i had to

re-wash the whole truck

to sum it up.....do the opposite of what I did, try Adams Polish first for

the next 5 years and then try Zaino for the next two years and report back to us

Old 06-01-2007, 08:52 PM
bugn
Racer

Awesome pictures!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:02 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Do a search, there is a lot of good info on this topic and it has been discussed many times.

I prefer the durability and looks of a synthetic like Zaino.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:51 AM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Remember that stuff many years ago (still sold) called NuFinish? I think that was the original polymer "car wax." Supposed to last a year. Zaino's daddy.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:09 PM
dougatl
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Have used both product lines in addition to numerous other waxes/sealants including Pinnacle, Rejex, Meguairs and others on numerous cars. However the Z gets Zaino only. For my money the shine is unbeatable, very high gloss, great depth and it lasts a very long time. I find the "waxes" to be oily and much duller than a Zaino shine. Having said that, use what you like, There are lots of good products out there to choose from and its easy to find something you like from everybody's product line.
Doug
Old 06-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dougatl
Have used both product lines in addition to numerous other waxes/sealants including Pinnacle, Rejex, Meguairs and others on numerous cars. However the Z gets Zaino only. For my money the shine is unbeatable, very high gloss, great depth and it lasts a very long time. I find the "waxes" to be oily and much duller than a Zaino shine. Having said that, use what you like, There are lots of good products out there to choose from and its easy to find something you like from everybody's product line.
Doug
Holy cray, does that pic look nice! I made it my desktop wallpaper
Old 06-02-2007, 12:58 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Pete K
Holy cray, does that pic look nice! I made it my desktop wallpaper
Now it's time to go Zaino your car and make IT your desktop pic!!

(I'm in the process......)
Old 06-02-2007, 01:15 PM
gwayne
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by IAIA
Now it's time to go Zaino your car and make IT your desktop pic!!

(I'm in the process......)

HAHA!! Me, too!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:04 PM
lexaudio
Melting Slicks

I'll have to say Zaino for shine and durability.

LEX
Old 06-02-2007, 04:12 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never used Adams...but have seen a LOT of glossy finishes from people who use and like it.

I've been a loyal Zaino user for over seven years. Once you get the hang of it...the entire line is fantastic!

Perhaps try both and decide from there?

Good luck in your decision.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:07 PM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by lexaudio
I'll have to say Zaino for shine and durability.

LEX
nah......you just have a better camera than I do Lex....

beautiful pictures
Old 06-02-2007, 10:54 PM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry have not used Adams, so I cannot help.
Just wanted to say thanks for the FANTASTIC pics in this thread - free wallpaper for sure.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
69mako
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I have used both products and both are great, I just choose to use Adam's because it like it better and My buddy EvilC5 sells it

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino --- Adams ?

Old 06-04-2007, 09:51 PM
sebesta1990
Advanced

I have both Zaino and Adams. Both polishes shine like crazy but I have to say the Adams is way easier to use. You can even use it in direct sunlight. No mixing with Adams either. I'm not a freakin Chemist! I don't like all of the mixing crap with the Zaino. I kept the Zaino in the box for a week and just read the directions. I was afraid to use it! I didn't want to screw up my car. The Adams is as simple as can be. I spoke with Adam at two different Corvette shows and he had me Polish his corvette. He demonstrated his products and it was easy as can be with the same shine if not better than Zaino. I am sold on Adams! anybody wanna buy my Zaino? Otherwise I'll polish my company car and my wifes Beetle.
If you want to see what Zaino did to the dull crappy finish on my old C4 my email is rm.sebesta@sbcglobal.net I'll send some pics. Zaino is no slouch. It made the car look awesome! Adams made it look just as good with less effort and less worry. No mixing either!

Adams has me strung out like a research monkey! It's awesome!!

Last edited by sebesta1990; 06-04-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:00 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sebesta1990
I have both Zaino and Adams. Both polishes shine like crazy but I have to say the Adams is way easier to use. You can even use it in direct sunlight. No mixing with Adams either. I'm not a freakin Chemist! I don't like all of the mixing crap with the Zaino. I kept the Zaino in the box for a week and just read the directions. I was afraid to use it! I didn't want to screw up my car. The Adams is as simple as can be. I spoke with Adam at two different Corvette shows and he had me Polish his corvette. He demonstrated his products and it was easy as can be with the same shine if not better than Zaino. I am sold on Adams! anybody wanna buy my Zaino? Otherwise I'll polish my company car and my wifes Beetle.
If you want to see what Zaino did to the dull crappy finish on my old C4 my email is rm.sebesta@sbcglobal.net I'll send some pics. Zaino is no slouch. It made the car look awesome! Adams made it look just as good with less effort and less worry. No mixing either!

Adams has me strung out like a research monkey! It's awesome!!

Maybe so....but which lasts longer. I'm betting the InSaino!!

I actually kinda like having to add a drop or two to the polish. Not difficult whether you're a chemist or not. I like that the liquid gets "activated".....seems stronger to me, somehow, like an epoxy that gets mixed (no flaming...I know epoxy is nothing like the Zaino polish). And, once you lay down a good subsurface, you really don't need to use the accelerator if you just want to touch up spots or the whole car, as long as you let it dry a bit longer. The Z2/5 usually dries within 30-60 minutes even without that stuff added, on most days above 50 degrees.

Last edited by IAIA; 06-04-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
sebesta1990
Advanced

Really they are the same to me. The Adams is just really easier to use.

People knew I was using Zaino last year. They thought the car looked 200% better. I switched to Adams and nobody knew. Only my family knows. My Dad has three corvettes(93,95 & 04), my uncle has two (77 & 05) and we ALL use Adams now. To me they are the same Adams is just easier. I know I said it again but it is! That PC buffer from Adams is totally cool too.

Last edited by sebesta1990; 06-04-2007 at 10:32 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zaino --- Adams ?