Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw C7 at auto show " Huge disappointment "

Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Binh360
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Saw C7 at auto show " Huge disappointment "

I am so glad to see the C7 in person. Stood there for 15 minutes as the car spins around. Trying to see every exterior detail. What a disappointment it was. In the end I compared it to my C6 GS but it was no comparison. My GS is way better looking with a meaner stance. Here are some of my dislike about the exterior of the C7.

1. Daytime running lights. They were not bright. After all these years you would think that they learned something from Audi's LED technology.

2. The front fascia. Looks so cartoonish with those two points at the bottom.

3. Rear lights. When I first saw the pictures, I really liked them. Now that I have seen it in person, not so much, wait "not at all". I thought they were LED's. if so, they did not look like it. They looked horrible in person.

That was just some of the exterior that I have noticed. I don't want to get started with the interior. When I saw those two big **** on the center console, it just totally turn me off and right out of Cobo Hall.

I really hope this is not all GM has to offer. Please come out with a wide body version. It might change my mind to add it to the stable.
I know ppl will say " if you don't like than don't buy it !" I know all of that. I just wanted to put my two cents in.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm yet to see one in person and am hoping I don't feel the same way after seeing it.

So far I like what I've seen enough, but will need to see it in person to pass final judgement
Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Binh360
I am so glad to see the C7 in person. Stood there for 15 minutes as the car spins around. Trying to see every exterior detail. What a disappointment it was. In the end I compared it to my C6 GS but it was no comparison. My GS is way better looking with a meaner stance. Here are some of my dislike about the exterior of the C7.

1. Daytime running lights. They were not bright. After all these years you would think that they learned something from Audi's LED technology.

2. The front fascia. Looks so cartoonish with those two points at the bottom.

3. Rear lights. When I first saw the pictures, I really liked them. Now that I have seen it in person, not so much, wait "not at all". I thought they were LED's. if so, they did not look like it. They looked horrible in person.

That was just some of the exterior that I have noticed. I don't want to get started with the interior. When I saw those two big **** on the center console, it just totally turn me off and right out of Cobo Hall.

I really hope this is not all GM has to offer. Please come out with a wide body version. It might change my mind to add it to the stable.
I know ppl will say " if you don't like than don't buy it !" I know all of that. I just wanted to put my two cents in.
You are the first person who has seen it in person who has come on CF with a thoroughly negative review. You've got that goin' for you, which is nice.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't buy one
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Binh360
Instructor

I really love vetted. Ever since I was 4, I saw my first Vette and told myself I will get one when I grow up. I had such high expectation for the C7. Wanted on parked next to my GS. But after seeing it in person, I will wait a few more yrs until the bad boys come out.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

cool story
Old 01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Davy_Baby9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there yesterday and had to fight my way to the front. Everyone I heard talking loved it. The lights weren't even on, not sure how you can comment about the LED's. And LOL at complaining about round ***** throwing you completely off of the interior. Haha

Holy crap, I can barely see the DRL's!!

Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Binh360
Instructor

The front and rear lights was on. I have pics but just don't know how to post them with the iPhone.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

I really love vetted. Ever since I was 4, I saw my first Vette and told myself I will get one when I grow up. I had such high expectation for the C7. Wanted on parked next to my GS. But after seeing it in person, I will wait a few more yrs until the bad boys come out.
OK. Thank you for your input.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Binh360
Instructor

Ok, the turntable turns in a circles . What is their to confirm?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Davy_Baby9
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
the C7 at the NAIAS was on a turntable

please confirm.

I can't imagine a person navigating to a Corvette based enthusiast forum; and of all the sections for all the series that have been produced - to intenbtionally click to go into & post in th eone section fo the series they [/b]don't like[/b].
Yes. The Cyber Grey car is on a turntable, the Red car is on the wall.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Stood there for 15 minutes as the car spins around.
the C7 at the NAIAS was on a turntable

please confirm.

I know all of that. I just wanted to put my two cents in.
I can't imagine a person navigating to a Corvette based enthusiast forum; and of all the sections for all the series that have been produced - to intentionally click to go into & post in the one section of the series they don't like.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9
I was there yesterday and had to fight my way to the front. Everyone I heard talking loved it. The lights weren't even on, not sure how you can comment about the LED's. And LOL at complaining about round ***** throwing you completely off of the interior. Haha

Holy crap, I can barely see the DRL's!!

Those lights look FANTASTIC.

This car absolutely kills from the front.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Those lights look FANTASTIC.

This car absolutely kills from the front.
DRL's have morphed away from being solely "CAN YOU SEE ME NOW" brightness - to also being accent lights at the same time. I like the tamer version

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 01-23-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I have not seen it in person, but after reading a lot of threads it still comes down to personal taste good or bad.

My thoughts are, there would be no way I would buy the base model. I thought the C6 base model was ugly when it came out - then came the C6 Z06, loved most of the car. It has some issues, but I've changed out most of the parts I dont' think fit the car.

Now the C7 is out, I too don't like the base model, but not to fear I still have hope on the C7 Z06, time will tell.

Here's some of my issues, First and most important - considering how much time GM had to improve the Corvette, they did OK in some areas and failed in others. The worst being, the powerplant and transmission, which in my mind are the most important thing on the car. GM still hasn't worked out what is going to have in the car yet. How sad!

I also think that no matter what they would have done there would be likers and dislikers, no problem ever car has that. I didn't like the fact that there are SO many issues / information about the car that GM hasn't put out yet, whats the point in waiting, unless they don't know themselves.

All in all, the car is different, but not totally impressive. When you look at what else is in the market place, the Corvette is still worth ever penny that they cost for what you are getting

Last edited by Joe aka - KODAK; 01-23-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by Joe aka - KODAK
Here's some of my issues, First and most important - considering how much time GM had to improve the Corvette, they did OK in some areas and failed in others. The worst being, the powerplant and transmission, which in my mind are the most important thing on the car. GM still hasn't worked out what is going to have in the car yet. How sad!

Sad? Really? Makes you sad? Want a tissue? What is it about the LT1 you don't understand?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Davy_Baby9
Instructor

He's entitled to his opinion, and I think he's been here for a year?

Get notified of new replies

To Saw C7 at auto show " Huge disappointment "

Old 01-23-2013, 01:12 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
DRL's have morpohed away from being solely "CAN YOU SEE ME NOW" brightness - to also being accent lights at the same time. I like the tamer version
Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9
He's entitled to his opinion, and I think he's been here for a year?
My bad; I thought it was just a few days ago.

Since I jumped-the gun with the OP; I deleted the rest of my unwarranted rant.

to all.

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 01-23-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

I see no problem if people voice their dislikes about the C7 ... regardless if they are a Vette enthusiast or not. Just because you liked previous models doesn't mean you should automatically like the new C7. I think it's good to hear the good and the bad for Vette enthusiasts. That's being real IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw C7 at auto show " Huge disappointment "