C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Electron Blue C2

Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 PM
yogiboobuck
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Electron Blue C2

Has anybody out their painted their C2 this color? Pictures would be great. Great color , but would it be too dark on a C2? Need to pick a color.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 AM
SLO 65
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't tell the differences between all of the new Corvette "blues" but since you were asking about it being too dark....

Here is a blue close to "jetstream" on a 63 coupe:

http://www.lsxtv.com/features/car-fe...re-perfection/

Also, pw2006 has a 63 convertible painted a Lexus dark blue:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...od-update.html

Nick
Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 PM
yogiboobuck
Advanced

Originally Posted by SLO 65
I can't tell the differences between all of the new Corvette "blues" but since you were asking about it being too dark....

Also, pw2006 has a 63 convertible painted a Lexus dark blue:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...od-update.html

Nick
Actually, both of those colors appear darker than the electron blue. The question came up in the paint section of the forum. Was hoping a member had used this color.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 PM
00fxd
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Electron Blue is an awesome colour ... It would be great on your car
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM
SLO 65
Instructor

Originally Posted by yogiboobuck
Actually, both of those colors appear darker than the electron blue. The question came up in the paint section of the forum. Was hoping a member had used this color.
I guess my point was if you thought these two wern't too dark than you would know the electron blue wouldn't be too dark either (your original question).

Nick
Old 02-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Nikko
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen an Electron Blue '65 lined up for the parade at Bloomington Gold. I had a 2003 EB Z06 and loved it. It's a great color, maybe one of my favorite ever, but I just don't like it on old Corvette's. The brightness of it just screams that it's from the wrong era to be on a C2, same thing with the new(er) bright yellows. I had a 1995 Competition Yellow convertible and again, loved the color - but I would never put it on an older Corvette. It's all personal preference obviously, but I'm not a fan - sorry.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Tevroc98
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 75 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I had an 08 JSB Z06 that didn't look anything like the one in the link.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:13 PM
yogiboobuck
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nikko
I've seen an Electron Blue '65 lined up for the parade at Bloomington Gold. I had a 2003 EB Z06 and loved it. It's a great color, maybe one of my favorite ever, but I just don't like it on old Corvette's. The brightness of it just screams that it's from the wrong era to be on a C2, same thing with the new(er) bright yellows. I had a 1995 Competition Yellow convertible and again, loved the color - but I would never put it on an older Corvette. It's all personal preference obviously, but I'm not a fan - sorry.
Maybe that is what does not look right. I have a 02 EB, love the color but parked next to my 66 and trying to imagine what it would look like painted this color didn't fit. I thought it may be too dark but you could be on to something. Hope someone could post a picture, then I think I would know for sure. Body has been back on frame for a couple months, need to pick darn color and maybe type of paint.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:38 PM
jchez7
Instructor

Laguna Blue's pretty dark, or Daytona Blue from '64......good 'period' dark blues. They look great on the C2, but, doesn't everything on this beautiful design?
As mentioned earlier, it's whatever you want to see sitting in your driveway.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

A friend has a 66 in 86 IROC blue with black stinger,has a lot of metalic.I even considered that color for my 62.
Another great blue is Admiral blue on the 96 Corvette GrandSport.Just saw a regular 96 Corvette in that color and it really pops.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Bowlerdude
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

You should check out 1956 Dodge Royal Blue..it's killer!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 366 Likes on 313 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by SLO 65

Nick
I know the article says Jetstream Blue but it looks more Le Mans Blue to me.

Jetsream
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...z-indiana.html

Le Mans Blue
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...06-cammed.html

I also like '95 BMW M3 Avus Blue which is a medium blue that IMO would look great with a black stinger if you are in the Stinger hood camp.

96-00? BMW M3 Estoril Blue is a lighter blue many love.

Last edited by 93Polo; 02-06-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 PM
yogiboobuck
Advanced

Originally Posted by C-1 Generation 2
A friend has a 66 in 86 IROC blue with black stinger,has a lot of metalic.I even considered that color for my 62.
Another great blue is Admiral blue on the 96 Corvette GrandSport.Just saw a regular 96 Corvette in that color and it really pops.
I actually bought a brand new Blue 87 IROC partly because of the color, and the TPI and 5 speed. The car in your pic looks good, like the black stinger, yes I am one of those with a SB and stinger hood.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM
yogiboobuck
Advanced

Originally Posted by 93Polo

Jetsream

Le Mans Blue

I also like '95 BMW M3 Avus Blue which is a medium blue that IMO would look great with a black stinger if you are in the Stinger hood camp.

My first Blue color pic was a Chrysler blue. I know it is only a color code but I wanted a Corvette color, that is how I ended up buying my C5, that cost me a few "wife points"
Old 02-06-2013, 07:45 PM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

I actually bought a brand new Blue 87 IROC partly because of the color, and the TPI and 5 speed. The car in your pic looks good, like the black stinger, yes I am one of those with a SB and stinger hood.
The blue 66 has a 502 with Holley fuel injection and a 700R4 automatic.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:51 PM
yogiboobuck
Advanced

Originally Posted by 93Polo

Jetsream

Le Mans Blue

For me the Lemans blue is too dark, like the Jetstream blue though. I started out years ago to change my clutch, you can figure out where that lead. With all the decisions to make, you would think paint color would be pretty simple. Oh well at least I'm to this point of the build.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 366 Likes on 313 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

My first Blue color pic was a Chrysler blue. I know it is only a color code but I wanted a Corvette color, that is how I ended up buying my C5, that cost me a few "wife points"
My comment was that the LSXtv article seemed to say the featured car was along the lines of Jet Stream Blue. IMO it was more Le Mans Blue but that is my opinion. Either way great looking build Your wife likely has a better eye for color than either of us

For me the Lemans blue is too dark, like the Jetstream blue though. I started out years ago to change my clutch, you can figure out where that lead. With all the decisions to make, you would think paint color would be pretty simple. Oh well at least I'm to this point of the build.
C6 Jetstream, C5 Nassau, and M3 Estoril all remind me of '66 Nassau Blue. Nassau is a great color, my mother and father love '67 Lynndale blue, but to be 100% truthful I'm more of a Marina Blue fan for a C2 not that you can go wrong with any of them. Going with a non factory paint, I like something that you still question if that was a rare option but just sorta looks newer or pops just a touch more.

I had a friend that had a 2000? to 2005ish Blue C class Mercedes which replaced his Quasar Blue C4. The Blue on the Benz IMO looked great a touch darker, deeper and more metal flake than his Quasar Blue. Google searches and playing with Autotrader, it maybe Bahama Blue Metallic Both Quasar and the Mercedes color would look great. Google image search pulls up a few 98-00 CLK roadsters.

I agree on the Le Mans blue, it is a little dark for a metallic blue on a C2 IMO. Also the darker the blue for a higher metallic paint, the more the great curves of the C2 seem to hide in the shadows of the darker paint, for lack of a better description. I will also add that I love a Laguna Blue '66 thus the comment on the metal flake.

Get notified of new replies

To Electron Blue C2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electron Blue C2