Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

salvage titled Black 2009 C6 Z51 M6..29k miles near Springfield Mass

Old 02-15-2013, 11:22 AM
mriley1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default salvage titled Black 2009 C6 Z51 M6..29k miles near Springfield Mass

After thinking about it alot over this winter i think im going to try and sell my Corvette.
I bought it in april after selling my 2005 GTO , this is my first corvette and i love it to death but i think i want to try something new, maybe a Mercedes or Lexus. I am moving in a few months to cape cod for work and dont have a garage to put this in, and i really wont be able to enjoy the car like it should be enjoyed. The car runs 100% and if i didnt tell you it has a salvage title you would never guess.

Car was stolen back when it had 3000 miles on it, so this is a theft recovery. This is NOT a flood recovery, and was NEVER involved in a major accident. The car had minor damage to the drivers side rear quarter panel, and drivers side rear rim. The damage totaled 4 grand, i had the original insurance papers around here when i first bought it and i will have to see if i can find them. The quarter panel and rim were replaced with OEM, and the work was professionally done, i know a few body guys and to this day even if i tell them where the damage was, they cannot tell a repair has been done.

The car is in fantastic condition.
C6 Z51
Chrome rims (currently plasti-dipped black)
Mild 2 Wild
B&B Fusion exhaust
LG Headers with Hi-flow cats
K&N Cold Air Intake
Black Leather interior
Carbon fiber Dash
Brand new Ventus V12 tires with maybe 2k miles on them
Runs smooth, everything operates as it should. I have never had any problems with this car.

I have all OEM Exhaust components besides mufflers to go with the car.

I will let anybody who is interested inspect it, or pay to have it inspected by a pro, ill jack the car up and you can inspect anything youd like. I dont want anybody to feel that i am hiding anything. I have a New York title in hand with the word "salvage" on it ready to go. I will upload a few pictures i have on my computer, and when i get home next week i will take the car out of storage and take some more pictures

I feel that asking 24k is more than fair, but come take a look at it and we can negotiate. Trades are an option let me know what you have
PM me or email mriley775@gmail.com my name is Mike

Last edited by mriley1; 02-15-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Kimera
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great deal! glws
Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
mowe
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 108 Posts

Great price !
Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM
mriley1
Instructor

thanks guys
Old 04-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Piperporsche180944
Instructor

Email sent
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 PM
jashearer
Racer

Wtf, are you using a rock as a jack extender????

Jay
Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 AM
stanklr
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jashearer

Jay
Noticed that too

I would guess a fair price would be below 20's for a salvage title car.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Tebs
Heel & Toe

Hello,

Any pics of what it looked like wrecked so I can get an better idea of the extent of the damage?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 AM
mriley1
Instructor

Jay
sometimes you have to make what you have work, and all i had was a rock. i couldnt believe it either i mean i didnt have a single 2x4 anywhere in my garage, it worked fine though so no harm done
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 AM
mriley1
Instructor

Originally Posted by stanklr
Noticed that too

I would guess a fair price would be below 20's for a salvage title car.
now why would you guess that? in this case the only thing a salvage title does is affect if you can get a loan for my car, everything else about the car is perfect. like i said you can inspect my car head to toe take off the wheels etc. you wont find anything fishy. i still have the original window sticker for the car, the original front licence plate holder and everything. Vin# 1G1YY25W495106674 if you google it all the original photos come up from when the car was first getting sold by the insurance company. theres no photos of damage anywhere, and there used to be an ebay listing from the previous owner listing it there, bidding got up to 28,000 dollars. so i would say your guess of below 20k is not accurate
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM
jashearer
Racer

Originally Posted by mriley1
sometimes you have to make what you have work, and all i had was a rock. i couldnt believe it either i mean i didnt have a single 2x4 anywhere in my garage, it worked fine though so no harm done
I'm not judging, I've done some pretty crazy stuff too, just don't think I would put it up for the whole world to see

Jay
Old 04-15-2013, 12:23 PM
bluegoatee05
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol....I was thinking about your offer for a trade, but I have a 2005 GTO as well. Not sure if you'd want to go back to your same model car, but mine only has 6900 miles on it, but a lot of work done to it, to include full exhaust, cam, ported intake and throttle body, as well as an extra set of OEM 18' rims and stuff from the Holden division.
GLWS if not.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 PM
mriley1
Instructor

I'm not judging, I've done some pretty crazy stuff too, just don't think I would put it up for the whole world to see

Jay
haha eh its alright some people might find it entertaining so i figure why not. trust me when i put the rock under there and found out it actually worked i was laughing too. plus i figured with the ramps right underneath the wheels i was safe.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 PM
mriley1
Instructor

Originally Posted by bluegoatee05
Lol....I was thinking about your offer for a trade, but I have a 2005 GTO as well. Not sure if you'd want to go back to your same model car, but mine only has 6900 miles on it, but a lot of work done to it, to include full exhaust, cam, ported intake and throttle body, as well as an extra set of OEM 18' rims and stuff from the Holden division.
GLWS if not.
PM'd
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM
PhearCVBz
Intermediate

aw man, why couldn't you wait another month or so to post this (when i have cash)? never tried to get a loan out for a salvaged vehicle, but sounds like it sucks....figures, i have the worst timing. good luck with your sale!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Why does this car have a salvage title for 4K of damage? Even still, I would not say 4k is minor.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:19 PM
stanklr
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

now why would you guess that? in this case the only thing a salvage title does is affect if you can get a loan for my car, everything else about the car is perfect. like i said you can inspect my car head to toe take off the wheels etc. you wont find anything fishy. i still have the original window sticker for the car, the original front licence plate holder and everything. Vin# 1G1YY25W495106674 if you google it all the original photos come up from when the car was first getting sold by the insurance company. theres no photos of damage anywhere, and there used to be an ebay listing from the previous owner listing it there, bidding got up to 28,000 dollars. so i would say your guess of below 20k is not accurate
I said that because it's known that a salvage car will lose value up to 30% to 50% compared to Non-Salv car.

And who the hell would bid 28,000 for a Salv title theft and damaged car when a clean title could be found for high twentees or lower 30,000

car looks clean though, GLWS.

Get notified of new replies

To salvage titled Black 2009 C6 Z51 M6..29k miles near Springfield Mass

Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
jashearer
Racer

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
Why does this car have a salvage title for 4K of damage? Even still, I would not say 4k is minor.
Theft... If your vehicle is stolen, and you push your insurance to write you a check immediately (which you would) as soon as its recovered its branded "salvage" and sold through an auction by the insurance company. It could have $0 visible damage and still get the title.

Most thefts are for joy-rides or end up in accident situations. You also have to be aware of how the theft occured, was a window broken and dash torn open to "hot-wire" it?

My buddy in highschool had his IROC-Z stolen from his parents drive-way but the keys were above the visor, so no damage outside of the theives beating the hell out of it. It was recovered the next morning, so he got a couple thosand $ payment from his insurance to offset some preventative maintenance (trans/rear/engine flushes) but he got his car back and never had to disclose it to the next owner.

As for $4k being minor, it doesn't take much at all to rack up that kind of a bill, you'd be surprised.

Jay
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

...As for $4k being minor, it doesn't take much at all to rack up that kind of a bill, you'd be surprised.

The OP stated that one rear quarter panel and one wheel were replaced with OEM. Heck, that's probably $2,000 in parts right there. Add in professional install and paint and you're at $4,000.

This could be a great buy for someone...especially someone who actually plans on driving the car and putting some miles on it. The car already has a sweet exhaust setup on it, too.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:10 PM
MachAll 2005
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After thinking about it alot over this winter i think im going to try and sell my Corvette.
I bought it in april after selling my 2005 GTO , this is my first corvette and i love it to death but i think i want to try something new, maybe a Mercedes or Lexus. I am moving in a few months to cape cod for work and dont have a garage to put this in, and i really wont be able to enjoy the car like it should be enjoyed. The car runs 100% and if i didnt tell you it has a salvage title you would never guess.

Car was stolen back when it had 3000 miles on it, so this is a theft recovery. This is NOT a flood recovery, and was NEVER involved in a major accident. The car had minor damage to the drivers side rear quarter panel, and drivers side rear rim. The damage totaled 4 grand, i had the original insurance papers around here when i first bought it and i will have to see if i can find them. The quarter panel and rim were replaced with OEM, and the work was professionally done, i know a few body guys and to this day even if i tell them where the damage was, they cannot tell a repair has been done.

The car is in fantastic condition.
C6 Z51
Chrome rims (currently plasti-dipped black)
Mild 2 Wild
B&B Fusion exhaust
LG Headers with Hi-flow cats
K&N Cold Air Intake
Black Leather interior
Carbon fiber Dash
Brand new Ventus V12 tires with maybe 2k miles on them
Runs smooth, everything operates as it should. I have never had any problems with this car.

I have all OEM Exhaust components besides mufflers to go with the car.

I will let anybody who is interested inspect it, or pay to have it inspected by a pro, ill jack the car up and you can inspect anything youd like. I dont want anybody to feel that i am hiding anything. I have a New York title in hand with the word "salvage" on it ready to go. I will upload a few pictures i have on my computer, and when i get home next week i will take the car out of storage and take some more pictures

I feel that asking 24k is more than fair, but come take a look at it and we can negotiate. Trades are an option let me know what you have
PM me or email mriley775@gmail.com my name is Mike

Is that a ROCK between your jack and rear suspension?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: salvage titled Black 2009 C6 Z51 M6..29k miles near Springfield Mass