C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else notice that you can display the software version of the C7?

Old 10-09-2013, 02:12 AM
DFW_C7
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone else notice that you can display the software version of the C7?

I noticed this today when I was playing with the setting and menu options earlier today.

Would be interesting to see what version number shows up in other people's cars and if they are all the same or if that could be part of why different behaviors are being reported by different owners in the first batches.

I'll check mine tomorrow and post here
Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

That's good news, and indicates that GM may provide some updates. Everyone has noticed the brightness issue when the lights dim, something that could be corrected with a software update.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:01 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
That's good news, and indicates that GM may provide some updates. Everyone has noticed the brightness issue when the lights dim, something that could be corrected with a software update.
There will clearly be updates to the software/firmware/apps. One would hope the brightness issue can be corrected.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
There will clearly be updates to the software/firmware/apps. One would hope the brightness issue can be corrected.
I am hoping they will allow the computer literate among us to be able to download and do this ourselves without going to the dealer.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 473 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
I am hoping they will allow the computer literate among us to be able to download and do this ourselves without going to the dealer.
so far that has not been the case...because it is a motor vehicle, a tech at the dealer has to do it and sign off that it "took" ok...
Old 10-09-2013, 01:26 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
so far that has not been the case...because it is a motor vehicle, a tech at the dealer has to do it and sign off that it "took" ok...
not necessarily...Ford sent me a thumb drive with updates for the MYFORD display...they know we hate going to the dealer for such mundane stuff....GM will follow suit for sure.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 473 Posts
Tech Contributor

I find that hard to believe, but I very much hope you are right, even if I can download the file from a site....

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else notice that you can display the software version of the C7?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else notice that you can display the software version of the C7?