Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick and tired of hearing about Porsches

Old 10-18-2013, 12:08 PM
plumalan
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Sick and tired of hearing about Porsches

I may be in the minority here, but I could care less about Porsche cars. As a young man I recall seeing one, and my thought was that it looked exactly like a VW Beetle that someone had stepped on and kinda flattened it out. To this day, it still does to me.

I for one am more concerned about the appearance of the car, and for me it has never even been close. Corvette has always won hands down.

I like performance, but I for one never utilize it on other that entrance ramps to interstates. I am not and have never been a racer.

I seriously doubt that I am in a small minority here. I've owned at least 10 corvettes dating back to the C2's.

I had to get that off my chest!!!! I feel better now!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:12 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well it's not like Porsches outperform Corvettes, anyways, so...
Old 10-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Although I respect their design philosophy and the fact some are stupid quick and nimble, but I can say without a doubt, it would be waaaaaaaaaay down on my list of owning, somewhere around GTR dwellings.

Last edited by Racer; 10-18-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I'm with you. To me Porsche styling = BORING. Also reminds me of VW's. Vettes have always had better, if not cutting edge style. I don't care how good a car performs, if it's not attractive it won't be in my garage.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:17 PM
ZZR1200
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plumalan
I may be in the minority here, but I could care less about Porsche cars. As a young man I recall seeing one, and my thought was that it looked exactly like a VW Beetle that someone had stepped on and kinda flattened it out. To this day, it still does to me.

I for one am more concerned about the appearance of the car, and for me it has never even been close. Corvette has always won hands down.

I like performance, but I for one never utilize it on other that entrance ramps to interstates. I am not and have never been a racer.

I seriously doubt that I am in a small minority here. I've owned at least 10 corvettes dating back to the C2's.

If you are tired of hearing about Porches, why start a thread about them?
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I like Porsche, they make awesome cars, but I'm not going to talk about them if I don't own one.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by themonk
I like Porsche, they make awesome cars, but I'm not going to talk about them if I don't own one.
You just did.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ZZR1200
If you are tired of hearing about Porches, why start a thread about them?
If you have to ask...........
Old 10-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Parker Corvette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting rid of my C6 and buying a Porsche was the best thing I ever did.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Dan12
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

According to GMs market research you are in a group that is getting smaller each year so I would say that’s a minority. GM shareholders would like to sell Corvettes to a more diverse /larger crowd and have targeted the 911 since it's an icon. GM is trying to get away from the typical Corvette traits and bring it up to the next level. Many potential buyers are looking at a Corvette for the first time and are coming from European cars. GM is ecstatic about this. Why some Corvette lifers don't understand this concept is hard to understand.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:24 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Racer
You just did.
Hey, did you order a C7?
1986C4Z51
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're looking to pick up chicks, I think you'll do better in a Porsche. At least in a 911.
I like how Porsche supports racing. Far more than GM does.

But, if you want to compare performance of actual cars that are affordable, a 1999 C5 stomped a new Porsche Cayman at the SCCA Solo Nationals, which must drive the Porsche fans crazy.
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado C6
I will bet that it is
Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Porsches are money pits When that POS breaks and you have to take it back to the dealer hold on your going to get. I have taking in a couple of them this summer on trades on C6's and the guy trading says it can't take the service bills anymore.

Which car would you want to own when the factory warranty runs out? Corvette or Porsche?

Last edited by Corvette ED; 10-18-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People are going to say I don't know how to drive a Porsche . Back in 1982 I owned a 911 SC and that thing took me into the weeds *** backwards just missing a tree. The early one's are a handful and no Vette ever did that to me. EVER !!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:33 PM
YellowC5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-18-2013, 12:43 PM
PJC6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

they should go play on the Porsche forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Sick and tired of hearing about Porsches

Old 10-18-2013, 12:43 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah, that is why you are still on the corvette forum. The truth is Porsche guys have huge inferiority complexes and cannot understand why no one else but them knows how great a car a Porsche is. The ugliest vette made looks better than any Porsche.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:49 PM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know the difference between a Porsche owner and a porcupine ?

The ***** is inside.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM
darkmercury
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

My old manager owned a couple Porsche's ... I could never like that car if I tried.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sick and tired of hearing about Porsches