Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No turn signal indicators in HUD? Or am i missing something

Old 01-03-2014, 01:32 PM
louloumax
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default No turn signal indicators in HUD? Or am i missing something

just got the car 2 months, 2 days from order. on the C6 you could configure the HUD to include the hi beam and turn signal indicators. they don't seem to be on the C7. maybe there is a different menu to add them?
so many screens and arrows. so little time!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:00 PM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope they are not there. I miss them too
Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Nothing worse than riding down the road in a Bad to the Bone car, feeling cool, then suddenly realize you're one of the old fogeys that has had his turn signal going for 3 miles.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:13 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by arcticblast
Nothing worse than riding down the road in a Bad to the Bone car, feeling cool, then suddenly realize you're one of the old fogeys that has had his turn signal going for 3 miles.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:14 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticblast
From the manual:

Turn Signal on Chime
A chime sounds if the turn signal has been on for more than 1.2 km (0.75 miles) of driving.

Lamp Messages

TURN SIGNAL ON
This message is displayed if the turn signal has been left on. Turn off the turn signal.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,356 Likes on 784 Posts

Nice.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:45 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by -CM-
From the manual:

Turn Signal on Chime
A chime sounds if the turn signal has been on for more than 1.2 km (0.75 miles) of driving.

Lamp Messages

TURN SIGNAL ON
This message is displayed if the turn signal has been left on. Turn off the turn signal.
It's incredible how many people refuse to read the owners manual. A plethora of information.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:51 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

it does have a shift light though.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep the HUD on the Corvette leaves a lot to be desired. Wife's 13 Buick with HUD has turn signals, temp, and direction going from Compass. Also has the three different displays like the Corvette.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:56 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlink
It's incredible how many people refuse to read the owners manual. A plethora of information.
Most cars and trucks chime if left on. So no wow thing for a
corvette. HUD was better before since was right in front. Who
cares about all the race BS, put out vital driving information
on a HUD
Old 01-03-2014, 02:58 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Old fogey thing was a joke.

Last edited by arcticblast; 01-03-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: wrong
Old 01-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,140 Posts

WOW It's a sports car not a Buick!!!! Built for functionality. I got to rant!!!!!! I see posts for folks wanting back up beepers........ the lane thing in the mirror and the like.

Back when I had the C5 the foggies wanted heated seats and cup holders.......

Guess they got that now they want it to be a Cadi or Buick with all the creature comforts and added weight.

I drive mine to work everyday.......know the way and track it as much as possible on weekends. It's a sports car!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if they put a 4 cylindar in there they would sell more........ or came out with a pure silver and gold color.............
Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Dang, lighten up. The old fogey thing was a joke.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
WOW It's a sports car not a Buick!!!! Built for functionality. I got to rant!!!!!! I see posts for folks wanting back up beepers........ the lane thing in the mirror and the like.

Back when I had the C5 the foggies wanted heated seats and cup holders.......

Guess they got that now they want it to be a Cadi or Buick with all the creature comforts and added weight.

I drive mine to work everyday.......know the way and track it as much as possible on weekends. It's a sports car!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if they put a 4 cylindar in there they would sell more........ or came out with a pure silver and gold color.............
You are right its a sports car but with a few flicks of the keyboard whoever programed it could have included those functions. Instead I got a worthless light in the glovebox for a place I won't open three times a year. So because you don't like it the rest of us shouldn't have it. Well I don't like air conditioning. What a waste of money. If I want my air conditioned I can take off the roof. Besides it's not a Buick so don't need air. Or a radio, onstar. Shall I continue?
Old 01-03-2014, 03:30 PM
louloumax
Racer

got the chime part from the manual. was hoping the turn signal was a gm guilt by omission item, like the pos battery terminal in the engine compartment and the very helpful mylink instruction manual [properly called an ''interactive details book''], which is not easy to find.

one would hope gm reads some of the dumb, redundant questions on these forums and addresses the issues.
only then will there be no more need for the questions. of course, then the forum will be considerably smaller, too.

btw, the best way to research a topic is not the advanced search, but to type the question into google. you get links to more relevant posts and sometimes get the answer from a non-CF source.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:34 PM
luckstr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdog9586
You are right its a sports car but with a few flicks of the keyboard whoever programed it could have included those functions. Instead I got a worthless light in the glovebox for a place I won't open three times a year. So because you don't like it the rest of us shouldn't have it. Well I don't like air conditioning. What a waste of money. If I want my air conditioned I can take off the roof. Besides it's not a Buick so don't need air. Or a radio, onstar. Shall I continue?
Sorry !! While I definitely agree with you about it being a sports car and not a pansy touring car (like a Buick), you try to drive around a while without Air Conditioning to make up for all the heat the interior of a Corvette seems to capture. And if you want to take your roof off when the weather is humid, then you go right ahead.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:44 PM
luckstr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
Most cars and trucks chime if left on. So no wow thing for a
corvette. HUD was better before since was right in front. Who
cares about all the race BS, put out vital driving information
on a HUD
What do you mean "HUD was better before since was right in front"? It's still right in front of you, albeit with no turn signal indicator.

Get notified of new replies

To No turn signal indicators in HUD? Or am i missing something

Old 01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Bigdog9586
Please don't....
Old 01-03-2014, 03:59 PM
ny32182
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 88 Posts

We really need a blinker indicator in the HUD so we can remember to remind ourselves which way we were planning on turning? Holy sheet. I know which way I'm turning, because I'm the one who turned the damn turn signal on in the first place.

A compass? As someone else mentioned, it is a sports car. Maybe it should come with optional directions to the Buick dealership that can be flashed up onto the HUD.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:39 PM
pgway
Racer

Originally Posted by george vee

Besides, who is buying these corvettes?
Old Guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No turn signal indicators in HUD? Or am i missing something