Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

My 2015 Z06 electronics failure

Old 01-31-2015, 08:17 AM
skyloverz
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Default My 2015 Z06 electronics failure

Tadge,

I purchased my 2015 Corvette Z06 on December 19, 2014 from local dealer. I drove it approximately 500 miles in 2 weeks.
I started the car on a Saturday morning, late December, the dashboard and gage cluster were black and not illuminated.
I turned the car on and off several times getting the same results. The nav screen did light up each time i started up.
I drove the car around the block a couple of times, turned it off then restarted it. This time the dash and gages lit up, but none of the gages were functional.
I tried starting the Z06 later that Saturday, again the dash & gages illuminated, again none of them worked, except this time the speedo was showing I was going 220 mph while sitting at idle.
I started the Z06 Sunday, the next day, this time the dash and gages flashed on and off ( lit then dark ) maybe 6-7 times, finally the dash & gages remained lit up after this flashing on/off
I drove it around the block, and as I drove the speedo went from 220 mph down to 180 MPH while I was driving maybe 25 MPH in reality.

I'm told there are 2 other 2015 Z06 in the USA with the same problem.

My vehicle has been in the dealer shop for 33 days now, I've been informed
that a programming code " fix " " may be ready on February 6, 2015.

I am gravely concerned that even a programming " fix " cannot assure me there won't be additional electronics failures, say while I'm at the track taking a turn at 90 MPH... since electronics govern the 12 driving modes, traction control, rev-matching, steering control, ETC.

The dealer has informed me GM is going to buy back this vehicle, we are at the beginning of this process.

I want to know if you believe my vehicle in it's current condition is safe to drive ? AND

If the software " code fix " does end up working, will my vehicle be safe to drive, until my new one is delivered after order ?

I'm a LOYAL Vette owner, having OWNED 10 new Corvettes since 2005, including 2005 & 2007 C6, 2008 Z06, 2010 ZR1 and 2011 ZR1

Regards,

Bruce in Chicago
Old 02-03-2015, 08:07 AM
skyloverz
Instructor

I guess Tadge doesn't care to answer my question
No surprise

BK
Old 02-03-2015, 08:11 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,787 Likes on 1,139 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by skyloverz
I guess Tadge doesn't care to answer my question
No surprise
I'm not sure you understand how this section works? Tadge doesn't read these posts directly. Threads are assembled into a poll at the end of the week and voted on to see which one gets emailed to him.

Your question would better be posted in the "C7 General" or "Z06" section as you'll probably get faster answers there. If GM is going to buy back the vehicle, then you probably would do yourself and them a service by not driving it any more. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by jvp; 02-03-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:27 PM
skyloverz
Instructor

Appreciate the explanation, thanks
Originally Posted by jvp
I'm not sure you understand how this section works? Tadge doesn't read these posts directly. Threads are assembled into a poll at the end of the week and voted on to see which one gets emailed to him.

Your question would better be posted in the "C7 General" or "Z06" section as you'll probably get faster answers there. If GM is going to buy back the vehicle, then you probably would do yourself and them a service by not driving it any more. But that's just my opinion.

Get notified of new replies

To My 2015 Z06 electronics failure

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2015 Z06 electronics failure