Sponsored by:

ECBM with pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:36 PM
KewlBlu
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECBM with pump

I can't find an EBCM with pump for my 2000 corvette. I have active handling. I understand that no one makes this part anymore. How can i get it fixed??
Old 08-27-2015, 09:17 PM
coia96vette
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Since they are no longer available new and can not be fixed, the only option is try to find one used. They are getting very hard to find and quite expensive when you do. Wish I had better news and good luck.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:28 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

I think the only real fix now is to find out how to properly delete the entire system once it goes bad.

Seems to me like even buying a use3d replacement for a high price is a crapshoot, id rather just live without the features and delete the nightmare from my life and the DIC so I never see it again.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:51 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
I think the only real fix now is to find out how to properly delete the entire system once it goes bad.

Seems to me like even buying a use3d replacement for a high price is a crapshoot, id rather just live without the features and delete the nightmare from my life and the DIC so I never see it again.
I don't think it's possible yet to delete and eliminate DIC warning and lights and bells. Could be wrong. Some real smart computer geek should come up with a plug in fix.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:11 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by KewlBlu
I can't find an EBCM with pump for my 2000 corvette. I have active handling. I understand that no one makes this part anymore. How can i get it fixed??
OK, let's try and see why you think you need to replace components. Some people have just needed to clean connectors or fix a bad ground for the pump motor.

Pull your dash DIC codes and show us what you have.

Mr. Sam
Old 08-28-2015, 03:16 PM
snuggy
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks GM for abandoning your loyal following!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:18 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by snuggy
One of several reasons why I will never buy another brand new GM vehicle.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by snuggy
All manufacturers are required to maintain parts inventories for 10 years on production.

The 2000 Vettes are now 15 years old.

I suspect Chrysler no longer makes certain dodge dart parts too.
Ford abandoned the falcon and Edsel a few years back too.
We are fortunate in many ways because there are a lot of folks making replacement parts that GM no longer makes. Ford, and Chrysler owners aren't as lucky.

If it were profitable to remanufacture the early EBCMs, someone would do it.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:26 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Phanni
All manufacturers are required to maintain parts inventories for 10 years on production.

The 2000 Vettes are now 15 years old.

I suspect Chrysler no longer makes certain dodge dart parts too.
Ford abandoned the falcon and Edsel a few years back too.
We are fortunate in many ways because there are a lot of folks making replacement parts that GM no longer makes. Ford, and Chrysler owners aren't as lucky.

If it were profitable to remanufacture the early EBCMs, someone would do it.
So you put Corvettes in the same category as Darts, Falcons and Edsels? Corvettes are special and GM knew of their problems early on and instead of coming up with a fix they ignored them. GM knew a great number of EBCMs would fail and when they were out of replacement units that was it.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:42 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by JR-2001
So you put Corvettes in the same category as Darts, Falcons and Edsels? Corvettes are special and GM knew of their problems early on and instead of coming up with a fix they ignored them. GM knew a great number of EBCMs would fail and when they were out of replacement units that was it.
GM also knew they were going bankrupt and did, not that long ago. Way the cookie crumbles after 10 yrs of support. It be nice if NCM staff could find out who the supplier was so that someone could pick up where supplier left off. After-market opportunity for an entrepreneur.

Meanwhile I'd try Carlisle this weekend. Ebay. Vette junkyards. Craigslist.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:31 AM
KewlBlu
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBCM ...ugh

Originally Posted by dadaroo
OK, let's try and see why you think you need to replace components. Some people have just needed to clean connectors or fix a bad ground for the pump motor.

Pull your dash DIC codes and show us what you have.

Mr. Sam
Don't remember the first code number.. EBCM was bad. Before I tried to replace it I had all the fuses changed ( since the car is 15 years old) I also had the sensors cleaned. I searched the internet only to find out mine was the only year (2000) that couldn't be repaired. Couldn't buy a new one and to find a used one while isn't impossible is difficult. Ultimately I found 2 used ones.. crap shoot if the second one works

I found a used EBCM for $3500.00 including $250 core charge. When the module was replaced the next code came up I believe the code was C1243, mechanic said it needed the pump replaced. I returned the EBCM paying a $975 dollar (30%) restocking fee.. I then found one, used, with a pump for $2200.00.. I am suppose to get that on 8/31.. we'll see what happens.. I think Delphi made the OEM

Kewlblu I Love my car, guess i'm to attached
Old 08-29-2015, 08:15 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

The Corvette is an automobile. It comes under the same government rules as as smart car. It is nothing 'special' as far as the government is concerned. We must live with that.

There were no real 'problems' with the EBCMs, they have simply outlived their lifetime of being profitable to the corporation. Almost all electrical and mechanical components will fail at some point.

Last edited by Phanni; 08-29-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:32 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

I know a lot of "our youth" just can't drive without the electronics holding their hand. The C5 is my only performance car with ABS and the associated TC and AH. I turn TC and AH OFF when I go for a drive since I want to be in control. If I wasn't so lazy I would pull the ABS fuses. In fact, the C5 is the least high performance car I have.

One can install a newer style EBCM but it also requires plumbing changes. So, if someone just "must have" a functioning EBCM it can be done.

Mr. Sam
Old 08-29-2015, 09:39 AM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dadaroo
I know a lot of "our youth" just can't drive without the electronics holding their hand. The C5 is my only performance car with ABS and the associated TC and AH. I turn TC and AH OFF when I go for a drive since I want to be in control. If I wasn't so lazy I would pull the ABS fuses. In fact, the C5 is the least high performance car I have.

One can install a newer style EBCM but it also requires plumbing changes. So, if someone just "must have" a functioning EBCM it can be done.

Mr. Sam
When my EBCM went bad, I would have been happy with a fix that just turned off the warnings and lights. ABS, TC and AH are for people that don't know how to drive. Total waste for me. Soon cars will drive themselves for those people.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:45 AM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Phanni
The Corvette is an automobile. It comes under the same government rules as as smart car. It is nothing 'special' as far as the government is concerned. We must live with that.

There were no real 'problems' with the EBCMs, they have simply outlived their lifetime of being profitable to the corporation. Almost all electrical and mechanical components will fail at some point.
EBCMs were going bad right off the showroom floor. Look back at posts from the early days if you think there were no problems. There should have been a recall and they should have come up with a fix instead of replacing them until the warranty expired and then ran out of replacements.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

EBCMs were going bad right off the showroom floor. Look back at posts from the early days if you think there were no problems. There should have been a recall and they should have come up with a fix instead of replacing them until the warranty expired and then ran out of replacements.
Could you give us a link to your claim?
Like all parts a certain failure rate is present, however, to my knowledge there was no rampant failures for the "EBCM, prove me wrong.
BTW, GM had the parts then when the cars were new, to fix the problem.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:56 AM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

A thread from 2006:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...bcm-issue.html

Believe what you want to believe.

Get notified of new replies

To ECBM with pump

Quick Reply: ECBM with pump