Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

C7 Z06 All Season Tire

Old 11-22-2016, 04:34 PM
B4TRO
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C7 Z06 All Season Tire

While out at both Bloomington Gold and Carlisle this year I heard talk of an all-season tire compound being developed for the C7 Z06. I was told that the collaboration between GM and Michelin should result in a tire being available by winter. Has anybody heard anything about this. Winter is fast approaching and I want to do something so I can use my car in cold weather.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:43 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

There was a person here on the forum that said he worked with Tire Rack and found an all-weather tire setup that would work for the Z06/Grand Sport. Probably slightly different sizes and not run-flats, but better than nothing.

Don't remember which category the post was in, perhaps a search will turn it up.
The following users liked this post:
B4TRO (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 10:25 AM
B4TRO
3rd Gear

Thanks for the response Jay. I searched not only the forum but the web also and found a couple of possible solutions. I was really hoping for something that was approved by GM.
I have a 2016 Z06 with 7K miles on it. Before I swap the tires I want to make sure that whatever I do won't cause other problems down the line.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:48 AM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

As long as you stay with similar size tires, you should not have any problems down the road. The auto manufacture really doesn't care what brand tire you use after you buy the car. If you are waiting for GM to approve something, you might be in for a very long wait.

Originally Posted by B4TRO
Thanks for the response Jay. I searched not only the forum but the web also and found a couple of possible solutions. I was really hoping for something that was approved by GM.
I have a 2016 Z06 with 7K miles on it. Before I swap the tires I want to make sure that whatever I do won't cause other problems down the line.
B4TRO (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 01:59 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Michelin has been claiming to offer the AS/3's in Z06 sizes for almost a year now. If they are now available I'm not aware of it. I have seen some Z06's with Continental's on them and everyone that has them have said that they were happy with them. Also I daily drive mine and have never had a problem with the regular MPSS's. Just don't do anything agressive and you will be fine. The colder it is, the easier they spin.

Last edited by Thomasmoto; 11-23-2016 at 02:00 PM.
B4TRO (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 05:03 PM
B4TRO
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
Michelin has been claiming to offer the AS/3's in Z06 sizes for almost a year now. If they are now available I'm not aware of it. I have seen some Z06's with Continental's on them and everyone that has them have said that they were happy with them. Also I daily drive mine and have never had a problem with the regular MPSS's. Just don't do anything agressive and you will be fine. The colder it is, the easier they spin.
My concern is not for the spinning, although that could be a problem. My main concern is about the cracking at temps below 20. I assume you haven't had a problem with cracking at low temps?
Old 12-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Y2KC5
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

I read that Michelin is coming out with the Pilot Super Sport 4S (or something like that) which will be a hi performance all season in Spring of 17 in the US. Can't say if it will be a run flat or not.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/micheli...lot-sport-4-s/

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 All Season Tire

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Z06 All Season Tire