Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

12 CD CHANGER "ERR" MESSAGE-HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Hellobkk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 CD CHANGER "ERR" MESSAGE-HELP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About a month ago I purchased 1999 cpe with 11,000 miles on it,the 12 disc changer was missing the 12 CD magazine,Got a new one and install the CD'S.Heard the noises made by the changer while it checked the magazine.The little CD indicator was flashing while this checking was going.When this was completed, "ERR" poped up on the radio screen,pushing AUX button does nothing.Tried installing labels both up/down-same result.Verticle mount.I know zip about audio.
Any ideas or does this look like a stealership fix.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:59 AM
snoopdan
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hellobkk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About a month ago I purchased 1999 cpe with 11,000 miles on it,the 12 disc changer was missing the 12 CD magazine,Got a new one and install the CD'S.Heard the noises made by the changer while it checked the magazine.The little CD indicator was flashing while this checking was going.When this was completed, "ERR" poped up on the radio screen,pushing AUX button does nothing.Tried installing labels both up/down-same result.Verticle mount.I know zip about audio.
Any ideas or does this look like a stealership fix.

On every changer ive ever installed (sony, alpine, pioneer) before the changer ever gives the "err" message, it does so AFTER it has tried to return the internal mechanism to it's home position. Some go thru a few sequences of "hunting" for a disc to load or if it has no cartridge in it, it will return to "home" position.l. And the way you describe, thats what its doing. It may be something as stupid as crap on the lens, to bad stepper motor drive. If for some dumb luck reason you know of someone else with a changer like yours, try swapping. Thats a tall order to get someone to let you switch out your stuff though.

Sounds more likely like dealer time for you.

Alot of changers have reset buttons on them, on a couple ocassions ive got a changer to fire back up after that..ya never know

snoopdan

Quick Reply: 12 CD CHANGER "ERR" MESSAGE-HELP