Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Need help finding connector for CD changer COR-HAR cable

Old 04-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Anderson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding connector for CD changer COR-HAR cable

I just purchased the COR-HAR cd changer cable and GM10-AUX adaptor so I can connect my Ipod to the Aux input of the factory head unit.

The COR-HAR cable has a 4pin connector and a 3pin connector that connects to connectors in the passenger side footwell fuse panel area. I found the 4pin connector, however I am having a difficult time finding the 3pin connector. The instructions say it is taped to an existing wiring harness. I can see 3 wires with identicle colors as on the connector side(orange, green, black w/white), and they are taped to an existing wiring harness right next to the 4pin connector, however they appear to go behind the fuse panel. Do I have to remove the fuse panel? I would think the instructions would indicate this. The instructions indicate for 1997-2001 and I have a 2001.

If anyone has installed this themselves please chime in.

thanks
Old 04-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Anderson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found it. But now no audio. Press Aux button and the word CD displays while a CD looking symbol flashes. But no audio. Can definitely switch between CD player and Aux input. Now I need to figure out if it's the crap I just ordered or the car wiring.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:05 AM
LarryW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming that you've pressed play on the iPod?

And yeah that second connector was a beotch for me to locate too!!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:22 AM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like the gm-10 is doing its job. are you pulling the ipod's audio from the headphone jack or the line level out via the dock connector? if it's the headphone jack, make sure the volume is up all the way (odd isn't it?). oh and like larryw said... make sure it's on too
Old 04-06-2005, 09:03 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Anderson
Found it. But now no audio. Press Aux button and the word CD displays while a CD looking symbol flashes. But no audio. Can definitely switch between CD player and Aux input. Now I need to figure out if it's the crap I just ordered or the car wiring.
The HU can be pretty picky about recognizing the GM10-AUX input properly. You will not get any audio from the GM10-AUX unless your HU is displaying "CD 1 Track 1" when selected to the changer input.

Once I get mine working properly it always lasts until I disconnect the battery again. To get it working right again, I have to unplug the GM10-AUX from the changer cable, then let it sit for several hours (overnight will work). After it has sat for a while, plug in the GM10-AUX before starting the car, put the radio on 'radio', fire up your MP3 player, then shift the HU over to the changer. It should show CD1/Track1 and be playing your MP3's.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help finding connector for CD changer COR-HAR cable

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help finding connector for CD changer COR-HAR cable