Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

JL Audio 10W0 Sub

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 12:46 AM
carsandguitars
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default JL Audio 10W0 Sub

Can anyone please give me the scoop on the JL 10W0 Subwoofer? This is discontinued, does anyone know when? How does this sub compare with what is out now? I have a stealth box that has this one in it and it was suppose to be a 6 month old box, but the JL web site doesn't show this one as the stock sub. Any help is appreciated before I go out and buy an amp to match to this.

Thanks
Dave
Old 04-14-2006, 01:45 AM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's an ok sub...nnothing crazy. it's there lower line, i had one back in 97. plan on not putting much more then 150 watts to it... i think. are you willing to replace the sub?
Old 04-14-2006, 01:47 AM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

found this:
The 10W0 is a potent 10-inch subwoofer designed to extract maximum performance from small to moderate power levels. Highly flexible in its application, this speaker works extremely well in sealed, ported and even bandpass designs. Nominal Diameter: 10 inches (250 mm) Continuous Power Handling: 125 Watts Voice Coil: 1.38" diameter, 6-layer, Kapton former Available Configurations: 4 ohm (Single Voice Coil) Xmax (one-way, linear): 0.34" (8.6 mm) Sealed Enclosure Range: 0.50-0.90 cu.ft. (14.0-25.5 liters) Ported Enclosure Range: 0.90-1.50 cu.ft. (25.5-42.5 liters) VRC™ Technology: YES

it was available last year, so dont worry about it being older then quoted...too much
Old 04-14-2006, 01:50 AM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

here is the owners manual: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/10_12_15W0_MAN.pdf
Old 04-14-2006, 07:36 AM
carsandguitars
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I did find the owners manual pdf, but I guess I was more concerned that I bought a Stealth Box that had the sub replaced since it was advertised as only being 6 months old. I guess since you had one back a ways and since its now discontinued that I bought a box that someone took the stock sub out and replaced with a cheaper sub.

And yes, it's coming out. I'm heading off to my installer this am, so I'm a little p**sed that I'm going to have to keep it, and take it apart and get it up to specs, for what I paid for it. I should have gotten educated before I bought it, that's my fault. But it was advertised being 6 months old and I knew what was in the ones that my local Tweeter was selling and I guess I just crossed up my numbers.

If I'm going to get into this and start taking stuff apart, I don't want to have to do it again when the sub I bought doesn't perform to where I wanted it.

Thanks for the help
Old 04-14-2006, 10:32 AM
HarleynVettes
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carsandguitars
Thanks for the info. I did find the owners manual pdf, but I guess I was more concerned that I bought a Stealth Box that had the sub replaced since it was advertised as only being 6 months old. I guess since you had one back a ways and since its now discontinued that I bought a box that someone took the stock sub out and replaced with a cheaper sub.

And yes, it's coming out. I'm heading off to my installer this am, so I'm a little p**sed that I'm going to have to keep it, and take it apart and get it up to specs, for what I paid for it. I should have gotten educated before I bought it, that's my fault. But it was advertised being 6 months old and I knew what was in the ones that my local Tweeter was selling and I guess I just crossed up my numbers.

If I'm going to get into this and start taking stuff apart, I don't want to have to do it again when the sub I bought doesn't perform to where I wanted it.

Thanks for the help

Did you buy this from Ebay? I was watching one on Ebay and bid on it...bit I was surprised at the final price.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:32 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

it may have come with th w0, i wouldnt be totally shocked if that was what it was shipped with.

Get notified of new replies

To JL Audio 10W0 Sub

Quick Reply: JL Audio 10W0 Sub