Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 Moment of Realization

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:25 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Default C6 Moment of Realization

So I decide that the Bose has to go('06 Vert with NAV). PAC GM module, amps and speakers here I come. Chatting with a buddy of mine, pouring over the C6 FAQ, looking at all the pics.... and got REALLY confused. I keep reading tweeter and mid in the door, in addition to the "sub." But I'm only seeing what looks like a mid in the door panel. So I finally get my service manual today and I open it up.... There are no true tweeters in the this system!!!!!?????!!!! My lord, no wonder it sounds like excrement.

Gonna stick the stock head to keep the HUD integration with NAV, but I haven't decided on amp/amps yet. Focals will be the drivers (I'm a fan, even my DIY home theater speakers are Focal). At this point I figure the 3 way 165 system and route up a plate for the mid and midbass in the 10" opening in the door and mount a tweet where the mid is now. Then probably coaxials behind the seats. I don't care about shake-the-car bass, just give me nice solid bottom end and a nice smooth EQ and I'm happy as a clam.

No real questions here... just stunned.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
...No real questions here... just stunned.
....and you didn't even get to the part where it's discoverd the damn rear speakers are wired in MONO...."Hello McFly"...can you hear me????
Old 06-08-2006, 10:15 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check out the jl auido clean sweep if you're going to retain the stock h/u
Old 06-08-2006, 10:17 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by scott_fx
check out the jl auido clean sweep if you're going to retain the stock h/u
Forgive laziness here... from what I read that's a system that takes high level speaker signals and brings them down to line level? No way if that's the case, I'll run new wires from the PAC module's RCA's.

OK, I decided to read... takes line levels also. Auto EQ is very interesting.... thanks.

Last edited by TheKomoman; 06-08-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:04 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

talk to tricklebait (or was it ticklebait ) he has the system in his car if you want a first hand review of how it sounds in a c6. check out his install in the 'show us what you run' sticky at the top of the forum

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Moment of Realization

Quick Reply: C6 Moment of Realization