Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

CD player will not turn on when car is turned on

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:59 AM
tarheelracer
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default CD player will not turn on when car is turned on

I'm completely lost about what is wrong with my stereo. I have an '87 and all of the Bose stuff was replaced with aftermarket stuff last year. The radio in my CD player went bad and I just replaced my old Sony Xplode with a new Xplode. After installing it, I left the CD player turned on while I finished installing all of the trim pieces. After about 15 minutes of playing the CD player cut off. It even made the beeping sound that all CD players make when you turn the car off. I can't get it to turn back on. You can still insert and eject a CD. However, it is like my CD player doesn't know that my ignition key is turned. Is this a problem in my steering column? What is wrong?
Old 08-26-2006, 12:08 PM
chillcat
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check the ignition wire going into the cdplayer, check it with a test light or meter for signal while turning key on/off--see if that works first--if not, better check your grx wire
Old 08-26-2006, 03:53 PM
tarheelracer
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well....I'm an idiot. The constant and the power source are on two seperate circuits. The fuse for the power source to the radio was blown, but the constant wasn't so I still had constant power. I'm embarassed.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:24 PM
chillcat
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weve all had them moments and still get them--good to hear though

Get notified of new replies

To CD player will not turn on when car is turned on

Quick Reply: CD player will not turn on when car is turned on