Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

2000 FRC with Bose???

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Davey98312
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 FRC with Bose???

Hi folks,

I have a 2000 FRC with UL0 (AM/FM cassette) and UQ5 (dual speaker system.) I thought this was a non-Bose system, but when I took a door panel off today I noticed it has a Bose speaker module installed. (The woofer portion is not working, but the twiddler is.) Same on the other side.
I looked above the throttle pedal (where it's supposed to be) and there is no Bose Signal Processor installed. Or maybe it's somewhere else?
Does this sound correct?

My plan was/is to replace the stock, cassette unit with a CD unit (from ReplacementRadios) and then change out the door speaker systems with a woofer/tweeter/xover of my own design. I want to keep the dash "look" stock and I don't care about adding big power amps or woofers.....at least not yet.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

(Terrific audio section in this forum. I'm a new owner and the photos and documentation you fellas have on your projects is great.)

Cheers,

Dave.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:22 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

this is doable the biggest problem is when putting a 2 way or 3 way setup in the door its basically gonna be dieing off of HU power especially a stock radio, you need an amp for em

Quick Reply: 2000 FRC with Bose???