Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to connect C6 FM antenna to aftermarket HU?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
C6Longshot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to connect C6 FM antenna to aftermarket HU?

Does anyone know how to properly connect the c6 diversity FM antenna to an aftermarket head unit?

I currently have only the normal motorola coaxial mini antenna adapter going to my Pioneer AVIC-Z1 connected. Problem is, the reception absolutely sucks! It works somewhat (I get no stations with the coax antenna disconnected) but is horrible when the car is moving.

I have heard that the C6 has a special "diversity" antenna, and I noticed in the factory radio wiring harness there is a wire described as FM composite. I tried running a +12V remote turn on lead from my HU to this FM composite wire, but reception was unaffected.

Am I just out of luck with FM and an aftermarket HU? Can someone please explain to me the proper way to make this connection?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:43 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

They weren't terribly easy to dig up in the search unless you knew specifically what to look for.. but take a look at these 2 threads. Between them they're about as much information as I think you're going to find on the subject.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1490988

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1338065
Old 03-07-2007, 01:59 PM
C6Longshot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PERFECT! Did a search and didn't notice those posts. That is not the step a- step b answer I was hoping for, but I think it is enough to start playing around. I guess I am going to find a 5V source, wire it to the "fm composite" wire, and see if my reception improves.

Thanks for the links!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:27 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by C6Longshot
PERFECT! Did a search and didn't notice those posts. That is not the step a- step b answer I was hoping for, but I think it is enough to start playing around. I guess I am going to find a 5V source, wire it to the "fm composite" wire, and see if my reception improves.

Thanks for the links!
I just did some Googling as it's something I've read a few times and was curious... looks like you can use one of these:

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-5v-fixe...i-2062599.html

Get notified of new replies

To How to connect C6 FM antenna to aftermarket HU?

Quick Reply: How to connect C6 FM antenna to aftermarket HU?