Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with C5 fuse box wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Cobraboy
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Help with C5 fuse box wiring

RAP for an amp WITH the stock HU still installed:
Pull up the fuse box (two or three screws and a plastic clip), on the grey connector (C2) pins E10 and F10 (both orange, I used F10 since it was on the bottom row and easier to get at) supply 12V RAP power to the stock radio amps. Even if you have a new amp installed, the radio will still be telling RAP to stay energized.
Assuming this is refering to the fuse box in the passenger footwell. I pulled mine up and don't see any grey connector. Well, there is a grey connector near the top, but it has 3 large red wires into it. Also, what does C2 & F10 refer to; I don't see any numbering on mine. Other than the connectors at the top of the box, all with large red wires, there doesn't appear to be any others. Am I looking in the wrong place?

How do I get the acc power for my h/u?
if you look in the passenger footwell, pull out the cover and look in the top left corner. There will be a small plug with three wires (orange, yellow, & black) that are just taped up. Check out this schematic to see which fuses they use, but the yellow wire is the +12V switched, and that I am sure of.
Does anyone know what fuse this is connected to? I shorted it out while trying to determine if it was live with the key on (it was!). I don't know which fuse I blew without taking them all out and checking them. Yellow is definitely 12V switched. Anybody know what the orange one is? The black seems to be ground.

thanks,
Rick
Old 06-08-2007, 12:59 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

off hand not sure which fuse its tied into, but i know one is 12 volt switched the other is 12 volt consnant and yes black is ground

as far as your amp turn on wire if you have a vert or coupe there is deff a remote/antenna wire at the back of the radio that you could use, which when using the PAC adapter you tap into it.

Furthermore if you are trying to add amps and not using the pac adapter with the stock radio, stop now and get the pac adapter

Quick Reply: Help with C5 fuse box wiring