Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Adding aux input to base C6 radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:17 PM
stevettenj
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding aux input to base C6 radio

Has anyone done this to the base, single cd radio without on star, XM or cd changer? I searched numerous sites and PAC audio said their AAI-GM24 will work with this setup. I purchased this unit and hooked it up. However, the radio did not see the AAI-GM24. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 05:21 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxgm.html
Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 AM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi stevettenj,

I have a 2006 C6 Coupe with the base, single CD, non-bose Siemens radio. I worked with the PAC tech support and the dealership to reflash this head unit to recognize the AAI-GM24. Cost me a lot of time and aggravation. The final determination by PAC tech support was that the Siemens head unit is not "XM Ready."

Most of the AUX add-on units claim they work with any head unit that is "XM Ready." Even the link screw991le sent you has disclaimers that the radio "must be equipped with either/or/both XM and 6-disc in-dash CD changer options and w/o navigation." This wording is intended to exclude the base, single CD, non-bose radio, so save your money.

In the end I pulled the head unit and put in a Pioneer AVIC-D3 and am very happy with it.

Get notified of new replies

To Adding aux input to base C6 radio

Quick Reply: Adding aux input to base C6 radio