Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Replacement speakers in Z06

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 01:36 AM
madguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement speakers in Z06

Help guys,

What size speakers go in the Z06 front and back, also can you guys recommend some good brands to replace the factory speakers. :seeya
Old 11-04-2001, 03:39 AM
Sam Lin
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Replacement speakers in Z06 (madguy)

Read NewVetteLover's post on C5 ground points for size info and other install info.

Good brands to replace with? Depends on budget and your taste in sound. MB Quart has a nice strong mid, very bright (far too bright for me) highs. Diamond Audio HEX with the silk dome tweeter gives up a little mod, has nice smooth highs, my favorite. If you've got the cash, Focal's lines all sound better than these 2. Others? JL's 3-way component set works very well in the front, CDT, Canton, Dynaudio, all are excellent.

Sam
Old 11-04-2001, 11:36 AM
sodian
Advanced

Have you considered the addition of a sub woofer? BOSE makes pretty nice stuff and I am not sure if just changing speakers will provide any improvement without upgrading the amps, crossovers Etc. Also my understanding is that the rear speakers in the Z are smaller than in the coupe and therfore do not provide the same amount of bass output. With a full range CD the sound in my 02 Z with the BOSE setup is very clean. I am thinking of just adding the Sub to round it out. My wifes van has a JBL system with a sub and it kick's butt.
Hope this helps. :nopity
Old 11-04-2001, 01:22 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Replacement speakers in Z06 (sodian)

Please see my thread in the audio sections for recommendations.
Old 11-04-2001, 03:19 PM
madguy
Instructor

Is it possible to replace the 5.25" speakers in the rear of the Z06 with 6.5" ones. Also are the fronts 3.5" Please, if you know the answer just answer and don't refer me to some other response.

Old 11-04-2001, 05:53 PM
99HT
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You must educate yourself on how the present system is configured if you want to be able to improve it. It is very unique. I know of no other system like it. You cannot just replace the present speakers with new ones and expect a huge improvement. Check the archives for the many posts on this subject.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:05 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Replacement speakers in Z06 (99HT)

madguy,

Where you are lacking in effort to research this topic, is where you will fail in building your new system.

You see, I did you a favor by telling you to look at recent threads by me because people like 99HT, myself, and many others have spent countless hours installing, testing, listening, bickering, et cetera on this EXACT issue.

Please take the time to RESEARCH <read: look at past topics> so that you will be educated when you decide to drop coin on your current system.
Old 11-05-2001, 06:53 PM
madguy
Instructor

Default Re: Replacement speakers in Z06 (EdwardETraylorIII)

Guys,

Thanks for all your help. I didn't realize upgrading was so involved.

I have been researching this in the archives but I really can't get a clear picture of what to do.

I don't want an ultra-complex (i.e. expensive) set-up. I just want the tunes to sound clear.

Any suggestions

:troll

Get notified of new replies

To Replacement speakers in Z06

Quick Reply: Replacement speakers in Z06