Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Info About VSS on 07 C6 w/ Bose & OnStar

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 02:50 PM
askiles
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Info About VSS on 07 C6 w/ Bose & OnStar

I just swapped my stock Nav system w/ Bose & OnStar out for an AVIC-D3. I thought I would find a VSS wire on the 12-Pin plug D on the stock wiring harness for the stereo, but there wasn't one. Does anyone know if they changed the color of the wire in 07? There is no wire in the D spot. Someone help me if you can. I don't need to hook up the VSS, but would like to. Thanks.

-Andy
Old 08-18-2007, 09:54 PM
askiles
Instructor

Can anyone help? No comments?

-Andy
Old 08-19-2007, 11:14 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

There's no VSS wire at the stereo, the VSS info comes to the stock systems via the data bus. I believe there's a VSS wire available in the harness by the steering wheel and definitely one at the BCM behind the right front wheel. There's an Eclipse install write-up in the C6 audio FAQ that shows where the BCM wire is.

But from all reports I've seen about the D3, it isn't worth the hassle. The antenna reportedly provides excellent accuracy.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:24 PM
USAF_C6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Acctually Komoman that incorrect. There is a VSS wire on the stock harness on the Bose equiped cars. Thats where I tapped into mine on my 2006 C6. No need to go all the way to the wheel well. Not sure on the 2007 though. Hopefully someone can help him.

Are you sure you are looking on the right plug? I'm away from home on the road, otherwise I'd take my console out and look. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:34 PM
askiles
Instructor

I looked at all of the harnesses that were connected to the stock Nav, and I only found one dark green/ white stripe wire, which I am not sure if it the correct one or not. The diagram that is on this board, says there are 2 of those. I am not sure if it is the correct one. That is what I am trying to find out. So far, it has not been a problem with the Nav, it would just be nice to have it hooked up.

-Andy
Old 08-19-2007, 03:52 PM
robl45
Melting Slicks

can someone point me to this diagram please?

Originally Posted by askiles
I looked at all of the harnesses that were connected to the stock Nav, and I only found one dark green/ white stripe wire, which I am not sure if it the correct one or not. The diagram that is on this board, says there are 2 of those. I am not sure if it is the correct one. That is what I am trying to find out. So far, it has not been a problem with the Nav, it would just be nice to have it hooked up.

-Andy
Old 08-19-2007, 06:08 PM
askiles
Instructor

The diagram of one of the connectors is on another post. It was a write up of an AVIC install.

-Andy

Get notified of new replies

To Info About VSS on 07 C6 w/ Bose & OnStar

Quick Reply: Info About VSS on 07 C6 w/ Bose & OnStar