Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What happened to my XM channels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 PM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What happened to my XM channels?

So I have th BOSE NAV w/XM, but I no longer use XM for XM. I had an iPod thing installed a while ago (USA-SPEC) and it runs through the XM1 channel...

anyways, earlier tonight on my way to the gym everything was fine, but on the way home I got in and turned on the car and the CD was playing.

Usually it just stays at the XM slot for the ipod.

So I look to change it to XM and the XM 1/2 is GONE!

Before it was like this:

AM
XM 1/2
FM 1/2
CD

Now it's just showing me:

AM
FM 1
FM 2
CD

So what the heck happened to the XM? How do I fix?

*UPDATE*

Oddly enough, nothing was loose or anything, but I did go ahead and unplug the USA-Spec and plug it back in. Now it's working. Strange.

Last edited by ShockwaveGT; 11-15-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

You'll probably find it happens every so often. When you put something like that SPEC between the XM box & the head it will sometimes not detect properly when you turn the car on. Usually shutting the car off and then turning it back on will clear that up.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:40 PM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
You'll probably find it happens every so often. When you put something like that SPEC between the XM box & the head it will sometimes not detect properly when you turn the car on. Usually shutting the car off and then turning it back on will clear that up.
Ya I did that a few times with no luck...that's why I got confused and posted the thread...but like I said all I ended up doing to fix was unplug the USA-Spec and plug it back in...
Old 11-16-2007, 07:47 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ShockwaveTXB
Ya I did that a few times with no luck...that's why I got confused and posted the thread...but like I said all I ended up doing to fix was unplug the USA-Spec and plug it back in...
I hope it doesn't keep happening to ya, that would be a royal pain to have to do all the time.

Get notified of new replies

To What happened to my XM channels?

Quick Reply: What happened to my XM channels?