Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock Nav Head using ADD-GM24 - NO OUTPUT from line level taps (Need Help Please)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:15 PM
DC5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock Nav Head using ADD-GM24 - NO OUTPUT from line level taps (Need Help Please)

I am bummed -- Last night I spiced a PAC "AMP-RCA" harness into the PAC "ADD-GM24" harness. This should be the quick easy way to cleanly tap into my factory head unit for clean line level outs (omitting the OEM1-black box in the middle which I understand will destroy the otherwise flat response). Anyway, I have clean soldered connections -- correct wiring, etc. and was expecting an easy splice-plug-n-play. However, using a multitester I am seeing zero output from any of the RCA jacks

Any ideas or suggestions as I cannot think what could be causing this.

Note: This is an '07 Nav/Bose factory Head Unit.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
DC5
Racer

I meant to mention with the GM-24 connector in place, the factory head unit is operating normally driving all speakers as before. It's just the RCA taps are dead.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:40 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Have you tried connecting them to the amp yet? I never put a meter to them and I know you should have volts there, but since that's exactly how my stuff is hooked up and it works fine you may want to try it before taking the meter's word for it.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Spkrboy
Pro

Unless you're playing very specific test tones, a typical multimeter can't read the signal. Assuming you wired correctly, they're likely fine and you just have to finish the job.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:44 PM
DC5
Racer

All good – false alarm.

Guys thanks for the response and you were correct. I just hooked up my amp all line level feeds (four channels) were “good”.

My first hurried test last night was trying the “auto sensing” feature on my JL 500.1 amp. This did not initially work so I thought I would next check the output from tapped head . I next tested a home CD player’s line-level output and had a decent reading on my multimeter. Based on that, I thought I should see “something” from the RCA jacks from Nav head but I did not. That’s when I stopped and had to "pop a top".

Anyway, everything just now checked out and even the “auto sensing” feature worked on the amp. The JL user manual (for the 500.1) states it does NOT recommend using line-level input for this feature vs. speaker level. The factory Nav head must put out enough voltage but I’ll do more testing and will probably run a remote amp trigger from the wiper circuit of the fuse box as previously recommended here in the audio section.

You guys are great – thanks !!

Get notified of new replies

To Stock Nav Head using ADD-GM24 - NO OUTPUT from line level taps (Need Help Please)

Quick Reply: Stock Nav Head using ADD-GM24 - NO OUTPUT from line level taps (Need Help Please)