Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Amp with CleanSweep

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
trvlrtom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp with CleanSweep

OK so the C6 FAQ say to use a PAC AOEM-GM24 to hook amps to head unit. Well I've already bought a CleanSweep with an Alpine MRP F250 off eBay under advise from Crutchfield. I read a post saying the trouble with the CleanSweep was the external volume control. So what works easiest, using the CL and does it plug into the head set, or shelve the CL and use that PAC AOEM-GM24 and it plugs into the HU? This job is quickly getting beyond me.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:50 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by trvlrtom
OK so the C6 FAQ say to use a PAC AOEM-GM24 to hook amps to head unit. Well I've already bought a CleanSweep with an Alpine MRP F250 off eBay under advise from Crutchfield. I read a post saying the trouble with the CleanSweep was the external volume control. So what works easiest, using the CL and does it plug into the head set, or shelve the CL and use that PAC AOEM-GM24 and it plugs into the HU? This job is quickly getting beyond me.
You do NOT need the Cleansweep, no matter what Crutchfield says. Sell the Cleansweep and just use the PAC AOEM-GM24. If you haven't actually purchased the AOEM-GM24 you actually will be better results using only the ADD-GM24 and soldering on some female RCA's, but if that just crossed your eyes you're probably better off just using the AOEM-GM24 as-is.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:01 AM
trvlrtom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx for the imfo. I just ordered the AOEM.

Get notified of new replies

To Amp with CleanSweep

Quick Reply: Amp with CleanSweep