Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Audio/Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Audio/Electronics
Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette Sponsored by
Optima Batteries

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 03-25-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
pimpinvcu
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to pimpinvcu
Default Lingering Nav install problems

I still have to locate the VSS wire. I am trying to tap in behind the speedo... which wire on which connector(grey or black) is it? I also tied the illumination wire in the to the hazard switch (grey/black wire) but it still does not dim or switch to night mode. I also have a popping and static noise when the system is on. Do I need to reduce the voltage to the amp from the HU? What about the noise?

Thanks guys!
pimpinvcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
TheKomoman
CF Senior Member
St Jude Donor '13
Support Corvetteforum!

TheKomoman TheKomoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinvcu View Post
I still have to locate the VSS wire. I am trying to tap in behind the speedo... which wire on which connector(grey or black) is it? I also tied the illumination wire in the to the hazard switch (grey/black wire) but it still does not dim or switch to night mode. I also have a popping and static noise when the system is on. Do I need to reduce the voltage to the amp from the HU? What about the noise?

Thanks guys!
Sorry, don't know which one the VSS wire is back there.

This thread said you use the Gray wire in the AH button harness to get illumination.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...t=illumination

The pop you're getting isn't terribly uncommon, unfortunately. You're hitting a delay between when the head comes on and the amp comes on. The amp is already by the time the head comes on and sends voltage to it's outputs, the amp is taking this noise and sending it to the speakers. I haven't seen a workaround for this other than switching to an aftermarket amplifier that triggers from the head itself.

Not sure what you mean by static. Are you getting crackling or are you hearing alternator whine? If you're getting whine/noise that varies with RPM then you've likely got a ground issue. If you grounded the head separate from the factory harness (made your own ground) then I'd move the ground to the factory harness. Multiple ground points are a surefire way to wind up with alternator whine.

Hope some of this info helps, good luck!
TheKomoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:42 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Audio/Electronics
Reload this Page Lingering Nav install problems