Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

07 C6 Hissing Bose Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:07 AM
KenWH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 C6 Hissing Bose Problem

Guys,

Back ground on problem:

Recently bought this car and the bose system is hissing up a storm...I've turned off all the "auto" functions, turned down the treble...nothing I've tried helps. I hear it on all sources...FM,CD, and XM.

If i turn the volume **** full left to mute the hiss goes away. The very first click back up the hiss comes on very strong. Even at medium-high volume levels the hiss can be heard over the music. Fade and balance controls have no effect either.

So is the hiss originating from the H/U or the bose amp? I read a couple older threads where it was believed the bose amp was responsible but no one ever followed up with definite answers if replacing it solved the problem.

I know from a previous bose system in my 350z a bit of low level hiss may be normal but what I'm getting in the C6 is quite loud...sounds like an old cheap Kraco tape deck without dolby NR.

I don't want to go aftermarket if I can help it

Thanks for any help,
Ken
Old 06-07-2008, 10:25 PM
bugbugbug
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey KenWH

The HISSING noise is a FEATURE of C6. There is NO FIX for this. I was very angry when I realized this, but now I have learned to live with it and I am OK as long as the ticking noise from my engine is fixed.

Quick Reply: 07 C6 Hissing Bose Problem