Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

best place to mount amp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:33 PM
jerseydrew
Melting Slicks

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts

Default best place to mount amp?

in a c6 z06? i don't want a giant fancy amp rack i just want to bolt it down but not sure where.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:44 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by jerseydrew
in a c6 z06? i don't want a giant fancy amp rack i just want to bolt it down but not sure where.
You have about 3 real options. The first is if you're not very tall you can glue a board to the fiberglass under the carpet on the vertical wall behind one of the seats and then screw the amp to that(be careful not to screw all the way through, the gas tanks are behind there!). The second option is in the hatch area just behind the seats. Same deal with gluing the board and being careful about the gas tanks. The last option is if you're using a small profile amp like the Alpine PDX series you can mount it in one of the cubbies.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:56 PM
jerseydrew
Melting Slicks

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
You have about 3 real options. The first is if you're not very tall you can glue a board to the fiberglass under the carpet on the vertical wall behind one of the seats and then screw the amp to that(be careful not to screw all the way through, the gas tanks are behind there!). The second option is in the hatch area just behind the seats. Same deal with gluing the board and being careful about the gas tanks. The last option is if you're using a small profile amp like the Alpine PDX series you can mount it in one of the cubbies.
what is under the area in the back of the hatch on the floor near the latch for the hatch? i was looking at mounting it there.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 AM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
on the vertical wall behind one of the seats and then screw the amp to that(be careful not to screw all the way through, the gas tanks are behind there!).

Old 04-28-2008, 07:39 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by jerseydrew
what is under the area in the back of the hatch on the floor near the latch for the hatch? i was looking at mounting it there.
The only things under there are the mufflers, but I would still never just screw into the fiberglass. In the cubbies I used bolts and secured it through the fiberglass using washers but that would be a major hassle though the floor there. I suggested just behind the seats because to my mind it's less in the way for storage there, but if it back there makes sense to you, same applies for a board under the carpet.

Get notified of new replies

To best place to mount amp?

Quick Reply: best place to mount amp?