Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

stereo questions - need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Dezert Racer SS
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo questions - need help

I'm a newbie to this forum and had a few stereo questions(not newbie with stereo) cause i've never had with these issues.

1. stereo - last owner installed aftermarket stereo himself, but for the car to start have to turn on stereo first then can start car, and then the stereo has to be turned back on agian to listen to is and no preset are saved?? i figured that some wire must not have been connected, ya'll tell me.

2. stereo question again - looking to replace aftermarket stereo thats already in car (doesnt really fit and has cracked screen) but many of the aftermarket stereos has that the 8inch subs will not would is aftermarket stereo is installed? is that because they in an output from the back or do i need to run new wires to these for them to work?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

clearly something isnt hooked up right in regards to question 1

question number 2 makes no sense to me
Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we need more information like what year car you have and i have no idea what you're trying to say in question #2
Old 05-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Fasthotrod
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezert Racer SS
I'm a newbie to this forum and had a few stereo questions(not newbie with stereo) cause i've never had with these issues.

1. stereo - last owner installed aftermarket stereo himself, but for the car to start have to turn on stereo first then can start car, and then the stereo has to be turned back on agian to listen to is and no preset are saved?? i figured that some wire must not have been connected, ya'll tell me.
Without looking at the installation, it's hard to troubleshoot it. If I had to guess, I would bet that someone didn't know how to grab the switched power source, so they tapped the ignition incorrectly. Probably rolled the acc and batt wires, too. The only way to tell is to remove the system and check the wiring.

2. stereo question again - looking to replace aftermarket stereo thats already in car (doesnt really fit and has cracked screen) but many of the aftermarket stereos has that the 8inch subs will not would is aftermarket stereo is installed? is that because they in an output from the back or do i need to run new wires to these for them to work?
If I understand you correctly: You have a Bose system with 8" subs. You cannot just put in a new HU without using an adapter to send the signal to the Bose system. This is covered in the C5 FAQ above.

If you wanted to pull the Bose out and replace it, then you would just need to run new speaker wire from the new HU to the new speakers.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To stereo questions - need help

Quick Reply: stereo questions - need help