Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 Aftermarket headunit help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 08:13 PM
AviatorVette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Aftermarket headunit help

hi guys, I have a used C5 VETTE it has the stock bose speakers with an aftermarket Kenwood headunit... the speakers sound like **** there is ZERO bass even when I put the bass level on fulll. I heard that u need a converter of some sort to plug in the bose subwoofers ( located in the front?) I need more help on this. Can someone provide me a link where to buy the SVEN2+Harness ( this is all i need right ? ) ? Do I have to install them myself?? Is it simple. Do you guys think I should just get a converter or just spend more money and get a amp + sub installed? I'm not looking to spend too much money.. MAX 100-150 as I am going to be selling this car in a year and dont wanna spend too much on modification.. I listen to trance/house/hip hop so I need good thump in the car, there is absolutely no bass in my car. My friends Pontiac Grandprix with stock speakers has good bass.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:19 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

will sound good, personally get a sven2 and ditch the 60 dollar harness and splice into a few wires, do a google search sven2
Old 02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
AviatorVette
Advanced

guys is this a good deal?

http://ncr.madvettemotorsports.com/i...ct_detail&p=68
Old 02-05-2009, 07:41 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

as i said get the sven2 and wire it urself, the svhgm4 is hit or miss. otherwise get a soundgate gmcrv2
Old 02-06-2009, 03:32 PM
AviatorVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
as i said get the sven2 and wire it urself, the svhgm4 is hit or miss. otherwise get a soundgate gmcrv2
I'm a complete noob at electronics.. Can you guide me a little bit? I dont know how to wire the stuff myself using just the sven2... wats the diff between the soundgate gmcrv2 and then sven2 which i listed?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:37 PM
LTCHAPPA
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Alpine head 9886 installed.

Factory unit was replaced with an Alpine 9886 and has the satilite and Ipod all hooked up to it as well as a small sub. I have the Polk audio 3.5 speakers in the door panels with the Bose woofers and polk 5.25 in the rear.The install went great and the system falls alittle short of what I really want as far as sound quality.The Bose woofers I think are a little muddy so I may just replace them with a pair of good quality aftermarket speakers and an amp.In general the system sounds better with the Alpine head unit.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:48 PM
AviatorVette
Advanced

where the bose subs located at? also is it sensible to buy the link i listed.. I know u suggest that I just get the sven2 but how hard it to wire it without the harness.. Also can I add an after market amp / sub later to the stock speaker setup.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

get soundgate gmcrv2 that svhgm4 harness is hit or miss
Old 02-08-2009, 11:18 PM
AviatorVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
get soundgate gmcrv2 that svhgm4 harness is hit or miss
this is the cheapest one i could find..

http://www.electotronics.com/soundga...1997-2007.aspx

should i go ahead and order it? how hard is it to install?? any links? thanks bro.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:57 AM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AviatorVette
this is the cheapest one i could find..

http://www.electotronics.com/soundga...1997-2007.aspx

should i go ahead and order it? how hard is it to install?? any links? thanks bro.
this is the one i ordered
Old 02-10-2009, 04:23 AM
AviatorVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by Milan
this is the one i ordered
I think I will order this too? How do i install it?? are there any threads or aynthing.. im a noob when it comes to electronics
Old 02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
knyght4
Drifting

Get the SVEN2 like pentavolvo said. He knows what he's doing and helped me with my install. I was in the same boat as you, but the wiring is really easy. Here's the thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...-silly-me.html
Old 02-10-2009, 03:31 PM
knyght4
Drifting

Originally Posted by AviatorVette
hi guys, I have a used C5 VETTE it has the stock bose speakers with an aftermarket Kenwood headunit... the speakers sound like **** there is ZERO bass even when I put the bass level on fulll. I heard that u need a converter of some sort to plug in the bose subwoofers ( located in the front?) I need more help on this. Can someone provide me a link where to buy the SVEN2+Harness ( this is all i need right ? ) ? Do I have to install them myself?? Is it simple. Do you guys think I should just get a converter or just spend more money and get a amp + sub installed? I'm not looking to spend too much money.. MAX 100-150 as I am going to be selling this car in a year and dont wanna spend too much on modification.. I listen to trance/house/hip hop so I need good thump in the car, there is absolutely no bass in my car. My friends Pontiac Grandprix with stock speakers has good bass.
In terms of spending more money on a setup, that's your choice. Alot of people complain about the Bose speakers + subs being poop, but they are just fine with me. Do the SVEN2. Configure the bass from the radio, then make your own decision from there.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Aftermarket headunit help

Quick Reply: C5 Aftermarket headunit help