Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Ground Locations for C4 (radio buttons and A/C buttons don't light up)

Old 01-27-2002, 02:25 PM
zippy90
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground Locations for C4 (radio buttons and A/C buttons don't light up)

Can someone please tell me where the ground locations are located on a C4? I'm having problems where the buttons on the A/C and radio don't light up. I've taken the units out and cleaned the grounding on the circuit boards (thanks to this forum's help) but the lights still don't work. I've heard the next thing to check is that they have a good ground to the frame. Where is the radio and temperature unit grounded to the frame?
Thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 01-27-2002, 05:36 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: Ground Locations for C4 (zippy90)

The bulbs in my C68 didn't light up because they were burned out. I just took it apart and replaced them. The ones in the radio are much harder to do as they are soldered to the board and aren't as easily accessable. They do burn out over time. Have you checked the bulbs?
Old 01-28-2002, 12:32 AM
zippy90
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ground Locations for C4 (R94 LT 1)

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the bulbs behind the buttons for the temperature controls and they were fine. I've heard from people on this forum that there could be problem with the ground or the inline fuses. I'm not sure where either are. I've checked the fuses in the fuse box on the passenger side and all of the fuses are fine.
This problem is making me :crazy: Just kidding!
Old 01-28-2002, 11:09 AM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ground Locations for C4 (zippy90)

Did you check the second fuse box under the panel above the passenger's feet? You need to unscrew the panel with 3 screws to get at it. Might be your problem. two screws in the front in the carpet and one screw is a torx in the fuse box inside the door frame(the one you have already accessed) This will get you access to the second fuse box.

Get notified of new replies

To Ground Locations for C4 (radio buttons and A/C buttons don't light up)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ground Locations for C4 (radio buttons and A/C buttons don't light up)