Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 Bose Amp Wiring

Old 04-21-2010, 10:07 AM
gp56
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default C6 Bose Amp Wiring

Looking to install an amp and a sub. Have done the research and am aware of the ADD GM 24 harness and also the low level pinouts on the back of the radio, so those are two obvious choices to get a low level signal to send to the amp. I was looking at another option which would eliminate the need to remove the console and radio. At the Bose amp, are the wires coming from the radio the same colors, as I know the colors of the wires needed from the back of the radio? It seems that it would be easier to tap in for a low level feed just before the Bose amp. I have not seen any reference to the wires/plugs going into the Bose amp in any FAQ's. I am on the fence at this point as to whether I should attempt this myself or just bring to an installer and pay the $200. I doubt an installer would take out the console and radio but instead would look to tap into something under the dash. Any thoughts?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

I think some folks have done this and as far as I know the wire colors are the same. It is however MUCH tighter working in that space and makes the wire taps difficult. It's hard work either way you do it I guess and to my mind using the ADD-GM24 giving you the very clean, no factory wires tapped, easy removal is the way to go.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
gp56
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I am leaning towards having a car stereo shop do the install. I will ask if they can put in the ADD-GM 24 module (which I have). I have no idea if they have ever removed a C6 console. I am sure they have installed in many cars featuring a Bose system. Got underneath the passenger dash last night looking to see where everything was and I realized I am getting too old to do this myself! Its a real tight fit to do anything down there.

Sometimes doing research makes matters worse. Since I now know everything that needs to get done to make this work I worry that the installer will botch something up. In the past I would have just brought the car in, told them what I needed done, and pick it up in a few hours, without any concerns!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:53 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

All o the C6 schematics and plug pinouts are available HERE

If I were you I think I'd insist the installer use the add24. Print out the plug pinouts and the thread that shows how to add the RCA's to the add24. There are also plenty of threads that show the console removal, send him links if you don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from talking to him. When you get the car back, just be sure to check EVERY button and plug to make sure they all got plugged back in (heated seats, TC/AH, hazards...). If any don't work, make them fix it before you leave their lot.

FYI, the white wire at B3 of the main C1 plug is what should be used as the trigger for the new amp.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:14 PM
gp56
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Will discuss further with the installer, thanks for the help.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:17 AM
RedRider98
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Bose Amp Wiring

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Bose Amp Wiring