Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XM "No Signal" problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 02:26 PM
maw455
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default XM "No Signal" problem

I have a 2008 Coupe with factory nav & XM. I just had the factory nav unit replaced after the original was stolen. The shop that did the work put in a new oem unit and wiring harness. However, I can't seem to get XM to work now. The channels all say "No Signal".

The receiver still registers the original radio ID code when tuned to Ch. 0, and I have personally checked the XM receiver in the rear and it is intact and properly connected, including the two antenna connections. I've had XM re-send the radio signal several times, each time with the car out on the road, running etc., and have driven around for at least 20 min with no luck. The shop that installed it has re-checked all the wiring connections and found no issues.

Are the factory XM receivers and radio head units "married" at the factory, such that my original XM receiver now does not recognize the new head unit, even though it is OEM? If so, how do I fix this? Otherwise, any suggestions on what my problem is and how to address it?

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
avigar
Drifting

Received 263 Likes on 161 Posts

Is the shop a GM dealership? Their shop techs should be able to figure it out since they have the necessary manuals to diagnose and fix the problem.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:00 PM
maw455
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '08

No. It is a Lincoln Mercury dealership, with a Chevy "sister" dealership where they got the parts. I took it there because they are an outstanding body shop. The car got broken into while it was there.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
avigar
Drifting

Received 263 Likes on 161 Posts

Problem is that Ford/Lincoln techs aren't trained in GM Products. I'd go to a chevy dealership and have them take a crack at it.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:00 PM
maw455
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by avigar
Problem is that Ford/Lincoln techs aren't trained in GM Products. I'd go to a chevy dealership and have them take a crack at it.
Their Chevy dealership and my regular Chevy dealer don't have a clue what the issue is. I think it is a software, not a hardware, issue, but then I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. It's already been back to the dealer once to try and diagnose - with no luck. I will take it to another dealer but before I do, I thought I'd see if anyone has had this issue before so I don't waste any more time.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever get this resolved?

Get notified of new replies

To XM "No Signal" problem

Quick Reply: XM "No Signal" problem