Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Factory Navigation in 2010 Non Bose

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 03:24 PM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Factory Navigation in 2010 Non Bose

I want to install a factory navigation in my 2010 Non Bose Corvette. i was told I would need to hard wire it, is this true?

If I don't have the VSS wire will the navigation still work or what will I need to do?

I want to buy online but need to make sure it works. One company said it would. Am worried about how to use it without the VSS wire.

I have also heard that some non Bose have the VSS wire it is just not hooked up to the the radio.

Please help before I waste my money.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
BigDs_C6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there any particular reason you're wanting to go with a stock nav unit?.. I think in the long run you'd be much happier with an aftermarket unit.

I've got a stock one in mine now and I'm in the process of changing it out. The only pro to the stock unit is the fact that it puts nav data on the HUD. The nav is difficult to get used to and even then it still has it's quirks. The GUI looks like it was developed in the 80's, it won't play dvd's like the aftermarket units and you have to really hack at it to get it to work with any aux accessories. Just my .02...

D

Last edited by BigDs_C6; 10-12-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally, I wouldn't opt for any in dash nav unit, as I travel a lot and just assume move my portable Garmin from car to car. One little known feature about a pure factory installed setup, is they generally try to maintain close reading's through thottle/steering input's if the signal is lost, such as in a tunnel. Probably not much of a deal, but something of mention.

Get notified of new replies

To Factory Navigation in 2010 Non Bose

Quick Reply: Factory Navigation in 2010 Non Bose