Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Donīt you fasten your subboxes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Electronicd
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donīt you fasten your subboxes?

Hi everyone! David from Sweden here with a quick question. Hopefully youīll understand my english

I have seen a lot of subboxes in the C5 on pictures and i am thinking of getting one myself. My question is how do you fasten it to the car? Or is it just lying there in the back? If something happens and youīre in an accident wonīt the box come flying forward and hit you in the back or the neck?

Same question goes for all subboxes in the C5, especially the stealth ones in the middle compartment?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 AM
fej
Melting Slicks

I would think that most are not fastened, likely due to the depth of the well in the back, the height of the seats in relation to the roof line etc.

Me personally I have a harness bar that would prevent the box from coming into the front cabin area if what would have to be a catastrophic car accident/impact occurred. When on track/course I don't have the sub back there anyway.

It is however a good point to make, mine fits very tight, but could certainly come out under a severe enough load.

Fej
Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
BoostRetard
Racer

Instructions for the JL box have you bolt it to the floor.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:21 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

This is my previous box, but the current one is attached with the same straps. They're attached to the box with pipe clamps from Lowes, and the other end is around one of the bolts for the roof storage mounting gizmo.

Get notified of new replies

To Donīt you fasten your subboxes?

Quick Reply: Donīt you fasten your subboxes?