Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

JVC KW-AVX830 Head unit - no sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Dino 615
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JVC KW-AVX830 Head unit - no sound

Ok so todayI tried to install a JVC KW-AVX830 Bluetooth DVD player. I bought a PAC C2R-GM24 to go with it. The unit is supposed to allow all of you chimes and warnings to work and also allow the power to still work after you turn off the car.

Here is the issue, no sound. The unit plays, you can change the source on the head unit, but no sound comes out. I hooked a speaker to one of the speaker connections from the head unit and the speaker will play, but the unit does not play anything through any of the car speakers.

Any suggestions? Any issues that you know of with the PAC unit?

Thanks,
Dean
Old 02-19-2011, 08:43 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

The blue or blue/white wire coming out of the new radio harness that's labeled 'remote amp turn on' needs to be connected to the blue wire on the interface that's connected to pin B3, that's what turns on the oem amp.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Dino 615
Instructor

Thanks Mark. I have been installing stereos for 25+ years now and overlooked the obvious. Not replacing the amplifier I didn't think anything about haveing to turn on the factory am. I love forums. The worst part is I put everything back together for the night. I will let you know in the morning if that was the problems.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Dino 615
Instructor

That was it. What I had done was tried the power antenna on acudent instead of the amp turn on. Since I had in a CD, it was not sending a signal on that wire. Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:54 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Old 10-21-2014, 11:58 PM
docrings1
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
C6 FAQ Master

Thank you!!! Saved me from the "silent install"...I had hooked up the blue wire to one other blue... but not both. When I hooked the stereo's amp trigger blue wire to the Pac B5 blue, the speakers came alive.

Love this forum!!!

Originally Posted by markcz
The blue or blue/white wire coming out of the new radio harness that's labeled 'remote amp turn on' needs to be connected to the blue wire on the interface that's connected to pin B3, that's what turns on the oem amp.

Get notified of new replies

To JVC KW-AVX830 Head unit - no sound

Quick Reply: JVC KW-AVX830 Head unit - no sound