Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

best drop in speakers for C6 bose system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 03:00 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by tizzee11
i was planning on just removing the sub and installing some 6.5" alpines and new tweeters in the door! so when u say the stock amp, are u referring to the watts the stock head unit is pushing out to the door after i remove the powered sub? i honestly dont want to go threw the hassle of installing a 4 channel amp and rewiring everything just for the doors.

so if i just do the swap from stock powered bose to aftermarket 6.5" in door would the sound quality be better or same (i dont care to much about bass in the door)? im also installing new rear speakers and a 10" sub in trunk if that makes a difference in how u think it would sound?
You're already doing 90% of the work, changing from a mono amp to a 4-channel that can also power the doors (and also rears if 5-channel) would just require running a few speaker wires. The end result would be tons better than the stock amp.

Removing the oem door subs and twiddler to install 6.5" component set is a great improvement if you use an aftermarket amp to power it. If you just hook up the oem twiddler feed to the new components it will sound anemic
Old 02-11-2016, 11:05 PM
tizzee11
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another option:
Get new kenwood headunit,
Run new wires from the headunit speaker wires harness to the new 6.5" and tweeter components in the door with out adding an amp, how would that sound? Since u won't be using the low frequency wires from the stock 10" bose base amp, I would think the sound would be a big improvement..true or false
Old 02-12-2016, 06:03 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by tizzee11
Another option:
Get new kenwood headunit,
Run new wires from the headunit speaker wires harness to the new 6.5" and tweeter components in the door with out adding an amp, how would that sound? Since u won't be using the low frequency wires from the stock 10" bose base amp, I would think the sound would be a big improvement..true or false
That would sound better than new speakers with the oem amp. Just look for a component set with a relatively low RMS rating so they aren't being starved for power by the HU internal amp.

Quick Reply: best drop in speakers for C6 bose system?