Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Use of the Pioneer auto eq

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:31 PM
thptrek
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Use of the Pioneer auto eq

I ran the Pioneer auto eq tonight. Will have to do more listening but it seemed to brighten up the sound somewhat. I did notice that it set the HPF and the Subwoofer crossovers both to 125 Hz.

Has any else use the Auto Eq and what are their experiences?
Old 03-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Thrillhouse
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used it in a few different cars. The problem I've found is that if you use it in a car with substantial road noise it sets everything up so the system sounds good in a nice quiet location, but as soon as you get on the highway the sound washes out. I've frequently found it more effective to use the auto-eq as a baseline, then tweak the settings myself based on the specific accoustics of the car while on the road.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:16 AM
thptrek
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, that's a good point about the road noise affecting the auto-eq settings.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:18 AM
bass mechanic
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i personally would not reccommend the auto eq it will set your system for a flat responce which sounds like crap. youll end up adjusting it differently anywa,y it's just a gimmik
Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
thptrek
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I tried out the Auto EQ and will not be using it. It does a great job but the big issue is the difference in sound quality of the source materials. I listen to FM Radio, Pandora, ipod and XM. All have vastly different SQ given the different compression levels on each. I have found that I need to adjust the EQ settings for each source to get the sound right.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:40 PM
jcgunn
Melting Slicks

Received 278 Likes on 185 Posts

I took a long trip after my install and fiddled with all of the EQ settings. I decided that the "Powerful" setting worked best for rock/metal in a Vert.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Sean249
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but could someone post a picture of their auto eq settings after the test was performed. I would assume they would be similar for all c6 vetts, or at least really close. Also, any additional settings it may have made, such as HPF and sub crossover. All on a stock system please. (My system will not AUTO-EQ)
Thank you!
If it would be easier to send via email: sahughes249@gmail.com

Get notified of new replies

To Use of the Pioneer auto eq

Quick Reply: Use of the Pioneer auto eq