Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 antenna amplifier?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default C6 antenna amplifier?

I read the sticky for the c6 and there is mention of needing 5v to the antenna amplifier for radio reception. It appears that the antenna and amp turn on is controlled through the same wire. My 2cr-gm24 is connected to the remote turn on wire on my Pioneer x920bt, which I assume provides 12v. Is this ok or do I need to use a a voltage regulator like the sticky shows for 5v?
Old 03-25-2011, 04:05 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

In C6 the only thing we're really sure about with the antenna amplifier is that it gets turned on with 12VDC on the white wire at pin B3 (same wire as oem amp turn on). The yellow "FM Composite Signal" wire is believed to be some kind of feedback circuit that the oem radio uses to adjust the amplifier on an as-needed basis. I don't think anybody knows exactly how that signal works. schematic here

In C5 you need 12v to turn on the antenna amplifier for the best possible FM reception, and an additional 5v on a separate wire for the best possible AM reception.

If you're using oem amp connect radio 'remote amp trigger' to B3, if you have aftermarket amp you can use 'remote amp trigger' OR 'remote antenna control' wire from radio to B3 but you must use 'remote amp' to turn on the amp.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks a million

Get notified of new replies

To C6 antenna amplifier?

Quick Reply: C6 antenna amplifier?