Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My stereo install (Lots of Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
z28koda
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My stereo install (Lots of Pics)

I did this in my DD (98 Z28), I didn't have the guts to try this in the truck or the vette. It was my first complete stereo overhual and I figured I'd get the most out of the equipment in this car cause lets be honest, I'm not listening to anything but the beautiful engine in the Corvette. Well I wanted to do it right so I stripped the entire car to install Ramm Mat BXT II (about 111Sqft). Now the guy I bought the car from told me he had the rear of the car Dynamated for the SLP Loud Mouth but I honestly don't think he knew (Mainly cause he didn't tell me) that he had gotten the entire floor done. I found that out once that car was stripped. Weired thing was it wasn't glued down with anything. I did a test by wrapping the dynamat around a speaker and then the Ramm Mat do see what blocked more and the BXT won hands down, and that was before even putting Ensolite ontop of it.
so there is the dynamat that I ripped out (anyone wanna buy it?)
before the console was out.
theres a semi finished door. We did the inside and the outside. Sounds sooooooo solid when you close it now I always have to check twice to make sure it's closed just because I'm so used to the hollow clunk.
starting the floor.
Trans tunnel.
Almost finished trunk. My wife did an awsome job! The inside done with Raam Mat BXTII, then a layer of Raam Audio Ensolite closed cell foam.
A ruff fit on the door before cutting the holes.
a ruff running of the wires after the ensoilte was installed. You can also see the wood mount we had to make to fit the new rear speakers in the stock hole (Thanks Albert). All in all it was quite the task for a first timer but I figured if I was gonna do it, do it right. It sounds AWSOME. It will beat your head silly in the inside and you won't even notice it on the out side. The extra effort took care of most of the rattles. Few places still do, tail lights and berger panal.

Its actually only a 500 watt system but because of all the sound insulation it sounds much louder and clearer. The system consists of;

Head unit= Alpine CDE-102
Front speakers= MB Quart QSD 216 component speakers
Rear speakers= Alpine SPS600 coaxials (6.5 with solid tweeter)
Subwoofers= JL 10W0 Gen 1's in non-ported box
Capicitor= Stinger 121 1 Farad
Amp= JL 500\5

and all with JL audio wire. Sounds awsome but still need to permanantly mount the tweeters.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:14 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

fyi

i make these too
pics from customers so not best quality sorry

Old 04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
z28koda
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome, shoot me a PM and I'll hit you up when ever I decide to upgrade the HU. You don't happen to make tweeter pods do you? lol
Old 04-06-2011, 01:58 PM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

Nice install! For a system in a sports car, sound deadening is definitely a must.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:09 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Old 04-17-2011, 09:30 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

nicely done

Get notified of new replies

To My stereo install (Lots of Pics)

Quick Reply: My stereo install (Lots of Pics)