Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Design my system

Old 12-18-2011, 10:55 PM
bunch3131
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Design my system

Ok. . . . So I am finally ready to upgrade my system. I have a 2007 with Bose. Want to add one or two subs , components (or whatever it is that I need for the highs and mids to be loud and crisp) and want the sound to be totally clear. Not rattles, distortion, etc. . . . What do I need? Not going to say that price is no object, but I am willing to spend a little bit to make sure I get the kind of sound I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for the advice
Old 12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bunch3131
Ok. . . . So I am finally ready to upgrade my system. I have a 2007 with Bose. Want to add one or two subs , components (or whatever it is that I need for the highs and mids to be loud and crisp) and want the sound to be totally clear. Not rattles, distortion, etc. . . . What do I need? Not going to say that price is no object, but I am willing to spend a little bit to make sure I get the kind of sound I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for the advice

I would recommend,
New HU Pioneer Z130 or Kenwood 9*** (not sure of latest model number) the new HU is for added capabilities such as Nav, Blue tooth, ipod control, XM, Pandora, etc

New door and rear speakers, two ways to go on this get 8 inch door speakers and leave out the rears or get smaller door's say 6.5 and also install the rear's. (I went with both door and rear) lots of discussion on if you need the rears at all.

One 10 inch sub and one amp. (I did not use a sub and went with a Vibe Audio amp very happy with my set up.)

The main thing is to contact Dennis, c5bearsfan, at DD Mods. He will help you with all the info you need, help you design the new system, and also give you the best possilbe price. Can't beat Dennis, IMO
Old 12-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts
Tech Contributor

Here is my plan, using Focal 5.25's & 6.5's, two 10" subs in corner pods (VetteNuts), two ARC amps in the pass. footwell. Good hunting ...
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

We have our sub boxes on sale this week. We can supply all your electronics from the sub boxes, subs, amp etc.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...sub-boxes.html
Old 12-20-2011, 05:50 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Just a basic setup that will blow away any oem stereo out there would be a 10" sub in a fiberglass box and good components in the doors. Add a single 4-channel amp with 1 + 2 feeding the fronts and 3 + 4 bridged to the sub.

You can spend as much as you want, or do everything very well for easily under $1000. The budget determines your equipment.

Just pay attention to the sub/speaker ratings and make sure they're paired well with the amp.

Get notified of new replies

To Design my system

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Design my system