Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C2R-GM24 + Alpine INA-W910 Orange and Orange/White Wire

Old 11-19-2011, 02:20 PM
ralphsmithiii
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default C2R-GM24 + Alpine INA-W910 Orange and Orange/White Wire

I've got most of the wiring harness complete however I have an orange and orange/white wire still left on the PAC Harness. The Alpine install manual says the Orange/White wire is used for the reverse. I thought I read somewhere that the PAC Orange and Orange/white was used for dimmer and the other for illumination. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Also, I'm about to run out and pick up a PAC TR7 Module. I thought you could just ground the parking brake wire for the video bypass but apparently the Alpine unit has a yellow/blue wire for the parking brake AND a yellow/black for the foot brake. The module is supposed to eliminate that issue.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:25 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

The orange and orange/white wires on the PAC are useless, forget they're even there.

To get your radio dimming properly you need to connect the radio's dimmer wire directly to the gray wire with black stripe at the TC/AH button by the armrest.

Reverse wire is in the footwell. Check out post #2 of this thread to see where to connect it.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:03 PM
ralphsmithiii
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
The orange and orange/white wires on the PAC are useless, forget they're even there.

To get your radio dimming properly you need to connect the radio's dimmer wire directly to the gray wire with black stripe at the TC/AH button by the armrest.

Reverse wire is in the footwell. Check out post #2 of this thread to see where to connect it.
Haha, awesome! I figured out shortly after posting that the orange wires did nothing for my setup. However you must of read my mind because the two questions that were coming next were:

Does the dimmer wire need to be connected to anything?
Anyone know where the actual reverse wire (green) is located besides in the tranny and at the actual reverse lights?

Thanks for the info Mark it'll help me wrap things up tomorrow when I finish putting the HU in. So far its working with the exception of the Axxess steering wheel interface but I'm 99.9% sure that's because I am using the wrong (but all I had laying around) blue wire tap instead of a red wire tap.

I'll have to double check the NAV/GPS too. From the writeup you linked, his unit had to tap into the VSS and Reverse gear. I don't recall reading anything about the Alpine unit having to do so but I'll take a look again tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:35 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Reverse wire is only needed if you installed a backup camera.

VSS wire is optional for most modern nav units. It helps, but GPS is accurate enough that it really isn't needed.

For the SWI, make sure you're supplying +12vdc to purple wire at A6, and using blue wire at A7 as the 'input' to the SWI.

Get notified of new replies

To C2R-GM24 + Alpine INA-W910 Orange and Orange/White Wire

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C2R-GM24 + Alpine INA-W910 Orange and Orange/White Wire