Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2005 failed Ipod Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
vettesandharleys
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 failed Ipod Install

Ok, so I am a new forum member, but I think I have some interesting information to post so here goes.

I recently purchased a 2005 Corvette Coupe without Navigation, with the Bose system, and without XM. I wanted to install my iPod with control from the head unit, so after many (read about 8) hours of reading all the available options and various threads on this forum I proceded with the iSimple model GM575. Long story very short, it does not and will not work. I got it installed and it would power the ipod, but my head unit would not recognize it and would not display xm1 or xm2. I called pac audio tech support and read many threads on their forums and basically was told the XM port on my head unit needed to be activated. At this point I must have called 10 dealers until I found a tech who understood and was willing to try. With the step by step instructions in hand on how to program the GM tech II to activate this port from pac audio I drove 90 minutes to the dealer who said they could help. They kept the car for 2 hours and the tech came out and said it does not have the option to be turned on or off, in fact it doesn't even show that option in the Tech II and he showed me.

So being completely bummed out I returned home and spent the next 2 hours putting my dash back together.

Before everyone gets critical, I have read every thread and Ray Kawals adivce and comparison on all of the models he tested. All require the XM port to be activated so I seriously doubt any of them will work, but I am more than open to suggestions. I used every available search engine to find any info I could and it seems this problem is most common on 2005 models. May people have had issues getting the XM1 or XM2 to show, but so far everyone that as gotten it work in an 05 has either factory XM or Navigation. If there is anyone out there who has an 05 without nav and without xm and has performed this mod successfully, please please post! For further reference, my vette was originally purchased in Oct of 04 so it is obviously an early build.

Thanks so much in advance for any help and I hope to get to know many of you in the future. I am in Milwaukee so if any of you are around here PM me and let's get together!

Josh
Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Best suggestion I can think of.... Find another radio that someone else has taken out of an early C6 that originally had XM. If you're patient enough you can prob get one for not much more than the cost of shipping. Just be aware that you'll have to go back to a dealer so they can marry it to your VIN.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 PM
vettesandharleys
Intermediate

Originally Posted by markcz
Best suggestion I can think of.... Find another radio that someone else has taken out of an early C6 that originally had XM. If you're patient enough you can prob get one for not much more than the cost of shipping. Just be aware that you'll have to go back to a dealer so they can marry it to your VIN.
There are a few of these on eBay currently, has anyone had to get it married to the VIN at the dealer? If so what were you charged?

Thanks,

Josh
Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by vettesandharleys
There are a few of these on eBay currently, has anyone had to get it married to the VIN at the dealer? If so what were you charged?

Thanks,

Josh
Josh
I have one setting on the shelf
20.00 and its yours.
I can ship tomorrow FedEX home delivery and you would have it Saturday
Call me tomorrow
I bought it on ebay a couple years ago for 20.00 and never did anythign with it. I just put a bid on it and won it
Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 PM
vettesandharleys
Intermediate

Thanks a million! Will call you tomorrow... If it wasn't snowing right now, I'd say I would take a trip over but it is Wisconsin.

Thanks again,

Josh

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 failed Ipod Install

Quick Reply: 2005 failed Ipod Install