Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 Rear Speaker Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 12:41 PM
EBSDallas
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default C5 Rear Speaker Recommendations

For the time being, I'm going to be stuck with the stock head unit in my '01 coupe.

I want to swap the rear speakers so as to get the most out of the factory head unit and position myself for new head unit in the future. Assuming. within reason, that cost is no object, what do you recommend as a replacement for the rear speakers?

Thanks.

Everett

Old 05-18-2002, 05:02 PM
DanC5
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: C5 Rear Speaker Recommendations (EBSDallas)

See Fast Lane's post on his experience. I did a similar thing, but used Alpines (now that I think about it.) Easy to do yourself. Have to pull the rubber boot off of the back of the driver's side speaker because the gas filler tube gets in the way. No big deal though. The mounting holes fit perfectly. This is as big as you can go. And the tweeters are angled and rotate so you can point them at the passengers.

I bias the fader toward the rear now. Still isn't great, but it was an improvement over stock. Now, a year later, I'm diving in to do the rest.

Good luck!
Old 05-18-2002, 07:35 PM
EBSDallas
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: C5 Rear Speaker Recommendations (DanC5)

Thanks Dan.

I took a look at that thread and it seems to be right in line with what I'm trying to do.

Right now, I'm thinking about putting a set of Focal 165K's or k2's in the rear in place of the stock speakers. I want to put something back there that's good enough that, when I upgrade the HU, I won't have to upgrade the rear speakers a second time. I'd like to make sure that I shouldn't be considering a different speaker before I do the swap.

Thanks.

Everett

Old 05-20-2002, 10:09 AM
dba4life
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: C5 Rear Speaker Recommendations (EBSDallas)

I think you need a highly efficient speaker for the rears. At least I remember 99HT writing that.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Rear Speaker Recommendations

Quick Reply: C5 Rear Speaker Recommendations